Which Software is used to Play DVD on WinXp Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

dikudik

Journeyman
Hi,

Can any body tel me which software i use to play dvd on my computer .
i have p-iv, 256 mbram and winxp-sp2. i tried to play using windows media player but it is not playing.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
First of all install KLite codec pack frm digit(this month). Then most formats will work. If not than try VLC player(for mostly all formats) or Power DVD.

kin.vachhani

Dreaming Future
right chirag vlc player will play almost all the regular formats and klite mega pack is also a good option....

dreams

Gracias Senor
best of all try Power DVD.. it too plays mostly all basic formats and a very very gud s/w 4 DVD's..

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
parthbarot said:
VLC best for any media...now it is also playing Real media files... VLC 0.8.4a

I am using VLC 0.8.4a but it never plays Real media files. there is new 0.8.5 beta version available which claims to play real audio .

parthbarot

In the zone
i tried and it played.. may be bcs i have installed K-Lite codec pack... but it claims to play it..and also includes some files for Real media....anyways...it plays is the main thing...

abracadabra

Journeyman
the video will not simply play because it will ask for an external video decoder from powerDVD or some others in a better option have Klite media Codec Pack Installed and then run Windows Media Player it shuld work else pm me

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
vlc is the best and what is more, it is free. As for the real media files, real player alternative is bundled with k lite codec pack. That is ok for me! If vlc is now playing real media, i am going to download the beta.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
^^
No because a donkey cant be a horse, its DNA is different...

I use VLC, MPC, WMP, P-DVD, N-Showtime, W-DVD :D

P

priyadarshi

I tried both VLC and Power DVD but didn't liked either. Pause option in VLC works after a long period whereas Power DVD is bulky too. I liked VCD Cutter to play VCDs, but it don't work for DVDs. can anyone suggest a better option with all the keyboard shortcuts available?

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
OK if u want to just have a no frills media player then use Media player with xpcodec pack or VLC. But if u need to enjoy DVD with all their glory then use Power DVD 6 not the OEM one

G

gxsaurav

Those having a NVIDIA gfx card, either FX series or above, can simply try Purevideo decoder for DVD/WMV/H.264 playback

I use WMP10 with Purevideo decoder, Real alternative, cos i use it only at raaga.com

Quicktime is required, i so like the H.264 codec

For music, I use winamp, but if somehow I can manage to get Windows media player 10 to minimize to tray, i will switch instantly

in case U have nero installed, then u don't need any other Software DVD Player etc to play, it installed the required codecs automatically

psimha

Right off the assembly line
Most DVD writers/ readers have an included DVD player for eg win dvd with LG drives. Install DVD region killer to disable hardware locking.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
AFAIK, VLC also installs an adware/spyware on the computer.,...i dont remember the name, but something related to VLC was detected by Yahoo Anti-Spy during my previous windows install. Though i didnt have any problems with that....but then....!!Never used VLC after that. What do ya think guys?
DVD can be run on WMP 9,all u need to do is dwload all the updates for WMP9 by MS....one of them contain intervideo DVD decoder, should be able to play DVDs fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom