Which software i have to install first....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

satya_gen

Broken In
I'm going to format my C: Drive and going to install Windows XP Proffesional with Service Pack 2.

First I have to install Anti-virus software or I have to install my programs software.

Because yesterday i formated my disk and installed MAYA 3D software first and it was working nice, but after i installed the Kaspersky Anti-virus software MAYA doesn't work.

Anti-virus software or program software

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Better install antivirus after installing all necessary software.
AND DON'T INSTALL NORTON!!! IT SUX!!!
Heavy on the system.. go for Kapersky or Avast... both are fine..

Some programs have probs with sw... but i suppose it can be resolved by adjustin system or antivirus parameters.. like sometimes antivirus deactivates activex or other 'suspectible' popups... maybe a prob like that happened...

Huzefa

Journeyman
yep norton sucks big time heavy . eats up all computer resources maya 3d works well with kapersky, maybe some other prob

anandk

Distinguished Member
ya install anti-virus last. if u'v got a full version (paid) kav is fine. else go for excellent freeware avast or avg antivirus.
www.avast.com
www.grisoft.com
both are no-nakhra's down-to-earth great anti-virus programs. :)

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
theraven said:
cuz zone alarm antivirus is one of the worst ones out there
Have you tried?
Pls dont spam like this without even testing it.This will disrepute the whole DIGIT organization. :evil:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Ive usually installed my antivirus program after I have done installing all other programs.

Pls dont spam like this without even testing it.

You can find ratings for various antivirus programs at this link
*www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=69&mnu=69 and from the looks of it Zonealarm comes 30th .

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Mahesh Babu said:
theraven said:
cuz zone alarm antivirus is one of the worst ones out there
Have you tried?
Pls dont spam like this without even testing it.This will disrepute the whole DIGIT organization. :evil:

zone alarm antivirus really is shit ... it is buggy too... and hey raven wasnt spamming... he had posted a reply related to the topic ... and looking at his rank and posts i dont think u shud have a doubt when he is suggesting / criticizing something. if u think zone alarm really rules then do post something gr8 about it and start a discussion/debate... no hard feelings :)

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
exx_2000 said:
Ive usually installed my antivirus program after I have done installing all other programs.

Pls dont spam like this without even testing it.

You can find ratings for various antivirus programs at this link
*www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=69&mnu=69 and from the looks of it Zonealarm comes 30th .
pls dont look into f****** sites.Listen to me i have tested all the antiviruses and know which is good and which is bad.
test it yourself then u will know how good it is.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@Mahesh babu
dude, one man freedom fighter is another man's terrorist! so the software which is ok for you may not be ok for someone else. your config may differ entirely from theirs and the software comparisons give an insight of the products. so letz not conclude that "this" software is good and "that" software is sh**.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
pls dont look into f****** sites.Listen to me i have tested all the antiviruses and know which is good and which is bad.
test it yourself then u will know how good it is.

I really think we need a antivirus fanboyism thread stickied too. Also is there an ignore user post button somewhere in this forum....

theraven

Technomancer
lol of all the people U are worried abt disreputing the digit name ?
hahahah man ur hilarious

looks like u gettin insulted for stupidity by me wasnt enuff for u so ur back for more

ive tried and tested every av/firewall available out there .. and yes i do my research ...
so for ur proof .. here check this link
*www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=69&mnu=69

your zone alarm av is listed as number 30/58 with 52.32% detection rate
AVG which is free does a better job

you see the fun of it is ppl are gonna side with me either cuz they know me, or cuz im right, or cuz im mod..
so in the end. .. ur gettin ur foot stuck in your mouth
ur beloved zonealarm av wont detect a virus if it bit it in the code ...
yes its an awesome firewall but the most sucky av
most of these "Security suites" are

last but not least u rest ur lil head abt the forums and spamming and expertise, and leave it to the real experts .... i think we can take care of it .. and most of the ppl with half a brain will tell u who spammed abt what and where ...
as a mod im not only in a priveldged as well as powerful position but also in one where i have to be "nice", but trust me we have out limits ..
don't push it ... i have ways to prove my point ... and u do NOT wanna be humiliated by me

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
jeeeeez now i have to type some 100 sentences to prove my point.What a waste of time! And also those who have rated the AV in that site deserve very bad words from me.

First of all if u are using WINXP PRO ,SP2 is a must.

I have the experience of using all kinds of Antiviruses So trust me

Here comes Kaspersky - Kaspersky will make your computer to run like a pentium 2 computer.(It takes away lot of Ram).And also i was not impressed with its virus protection when visiting specific sites especially warez sites.And also the file scanning times are large e.g. if u insert a CD which contains a 100MB exe file it will take a lot of time to scan it and eventually make your PC slow.

I at first when installed Bitdefender 8 thought that it was the best antivirus made but when I removed it and installed Norton2003 then i could find that most of my files were infected with W32 viruses which Bitdefender could not detect.And also even if Bitdefender detects the virus it will not clean it cleanly meaning your system will still be infected with virus slowing/screwing up the PC.Same applies to AVG,Antivir.They all are crap.

Now atlast I installed Zonealarm Antivirus (included with world's best firewall) .Ahhh it was a sigh of relief for me atlast!A superb antivirus with a great firewall and that too less on system resources!It doesn't take much memory and u wont notice any lag during the PC start up so ur computer will start up smoothly.And the best part of it which i liked was it could clean the viruses so easily even when visiting warez sites(as im a piracy king and mostly visit warez sites).And also it automatically gets updated and u wont have to press the 'update' button everytime unlike in Norton or AVG etc..
So briefly I will List the Major Antiviruses in use today along with their AV and DisAdVantages

1.Norton - Heavy on system resources,makes your booting slow,Antivirus Protection is Average(60%),cleans the viruses easily and effectively - 6/10

2.AVG - Less on system resources,Pc would start up much faster,Antivirus protection really bad when visiting warez sites(50%),doesn't clean all the viruses - 5/10

3.Kaspersky - Heavy on system resources,Sytem will take lot lot of time to start up making your PC slow,Virus Protection is Good (80%),cleans the viruses easily - 5/10

4.Panda antivirus 2005 - Heavy on system resources,Sytem will take lot of time to start up and will eventually slow up the PC,Protection unknown(said to be good),would clean the viruses easily - 4/10

5.Zonealarm Antivirus - Very less on system resources,System will boot up smoothly,Protection excellent(95%),Cleans even the worst/dangerous viruses so easily and effectively,comes included with one of the best Firewall in the world - 8/10

6.Antivir - Vesy less on system resources,System will boot normally as if no AV is installed,Protection sucks a big time(30%),detects the viruses but do not cure them cleanly - 5/10

So get Zonealarm Antivirus and see how good it is ( www.zonealarm.com )

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey!

Mahesh Babu said:
And the best part of it which i liked was it could clean the viruses so easily even when visiting warez sites(as im a piracy king and mostly visit warez sites).

watch it when u postin stuff like this dude!

cybershastri

Journeyman
Mahesh Babu said:
jeeeeez now i have to type some 100 sentences to prove my point.What a waste of time! And also those who have rated the AV in that site deserve very bad words from me.

First of all if u are using WINXP PRO ,SP2 is a must.

I have the experience of using all kinds of Antiviruses So trust me

Here comes Kaspersky - Kaspersky will make your computer to run like a pentium 2 computer.(It takes away lot of Ram).And also i was not impressed with its virus protection when visiting specific sites especially warez sites.And also the file scanning times are large e.g. if u insert a CD which contains a 100MB exe file it will take a lot of time to scan it and eventually make your PC slow.

I at first when installed Bitdefender 8 thought that it was the best antivirus made but when I removed it and installed Norton2003 then i could find that most of my files were infected with W32 viruses which Bitdefender could not detect.And also even if Bitdefender detects the virus it will not clean it cleanly meaning your system will still be infected with virus slowing/screwing up the PC.Same applies to AVG,Antivir.They all are ****.

Now atlast I installed Zonealarm Antivirus (included with world's best firewall) .Ahhh it was a sigh of relief for me atlast!A superb antivirus with a great firewall and that too less on system resources!It doesn't take much memory and u wont notice any lag during the PC start up so ur computer will start up smoothly.And the best part of it which i liked was it could clean the viruses so easily even when visiting warez sites(as im a piracy king and mostly visit warez sites).And also it automatically gets updated and u wont have to press the 'update' button everytime unlike in Norton or AVG etc..
So briefly I will List the Major Antiviruses in use today along with their AV and DisAdVantages

1.Norton - Heavy on system resources,makes your booting slow,Antivirus Protection is Average(60%),cleans the viruses easily and effectively - 6/10

2.AVG - Less on system resources,Pc would start up much faster,Antivirus protection really bad when visiting warez sites(50%),doesn't clean all the viruses - 5/10

3.Kaspersky - Heavy on system resources,Sytem will take lot lot of time to start up making your PC slow,Virus Protection is Good (80%),cleans the viruses easily - 5/10

4.Panda antivirus 2005 - Heavy on system resources,Sytem will take lot of time to start up and will eventually slow up the PC,Protection unknown(said to be good),would clean the viruses easily - 4/10

5.Zonealarm Antivirus - Very less on system resources,System will boot up smoothly,Protection excellent(95%),Cleans even the worst/dangerous viruses so easily and effectively,comes included with one of the best Firewall in the world - 8/10

6.Antivir - Vesy less on system resources,System will boot normally as if no AV is installed,Protection sucks a big time(30%),detects the viruses but do not cure them cleanly - 5/10

So get Zonealarm Antivirus and see how good it is ( www.zonealarm.com )

Either he is totally mad :evil: or he works for ZoneAlarm 8) ..
I agree that the ZA fire wall is very very good..:) but its antivirus is hopeless. :( But the bundle is good enough for a normal user.

OP
S

satya_gen

Broken In
Hello friends........................................................................

Be cool..............Be cool...............Be cool.

My question is,

Anti-virus software or program softwares

I'm not asking which Anti-Virus software i have to use.

Be cool..............Be cool...............Be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom