Which RAM the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

: SPiRiT :

Broken In
Hey i use a Mercury mother board 810e FST mother board...(WINDOWS XP Pro) Can Some one pls suggest Me one good ram and approx cost... I have 128 mb RAM available... I need an Upgrade of 256 mb.. is it possible ie 128mb+256 mb in two different slots....I need the RAM to be able to use softwares like PRO-E, Unigraphics and Autodesk Inventor... which require heavy RAM... Also Will increasing RAM increase the performance "NOTICIBLY"??? Pls Help.... :?: :roll:

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i wonder if ur mobo supports DDR
but make sure both the sticks are same in terms of Frequency

XP sulks on 128mb

so there will be definite improvement in the performance

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
O surely it will increase the performance.
yes u can add 128+256 in different slots
tht mobo supoorts SDRAM.
think it supports PC100 ram.but PC133 works fine.even if u get one 100 and one 133 it will work fine.
u wont find PC100 easily.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
yah it will better the performance....
go in for hynix sd rams...new ones with warranty are still available,
check the ram's fsb by going to da bios...try getting the same fsb ram, or else as ankur said, u might get other freq ram
try searching atebay for sd rams

OP
S

Broken In
ok.. ppl am sorry... i really have no or zero knowledge bout the hardwares.... all i know is to identify my RAM and the slots.. so wud u pls help.. me verify wat kind of RAM i have(SD or DDR) and to check the frequency)and is it possible to have a combination of SD and DDR???And the Max upgrade my mobo supports is 512mb thats wat the manual sez..

OP
S

Broken In
And wud u pls give me the NAMES of a good RAM and also their approx cost pls(for 256 Mb)and how do i specify it in the h/w shop(sorry my dad is strictly against EBAY)...i found out that the mobosupports PC133(thanx ANKUR)

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
ur mobo supports SD RAM only, DDR wont work.. ur mobo manual must have ur RAM frequency mentioned. Even if it is mentioned as PC100, PC 133 will also work as said by ankur

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well ur mobo supports SDRAM thts for sure and i dont think there are ne mobos which support both SD and DDR together.
As for ur RAM company go for simmtronics.they are easily available at decent rates and are also gud performers.
and if u want to know ne thing abt ur computer config or like frequency of ur existing ram download EVEREST HOME EDITION.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
my mobo dont supports DDR or DDRII

due to sum problems i'm stuck with PC133 128MB SDRAM which costed me abt Rs 1300

i just want sum suggestion dat whether i shud get another 256MB of same type or shall i buy a new affordable nf2 based chipset from nvidia and after a few months buy sum DDR or DDRII RAM. btw which of the three types,i.e., SD, DDR, DDRII is cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom