Which RAM i buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 512 DDR2 RAM(kingston).there are 3 empty slots in my motherboard.tell me which RAM (for which company)i buy.can another company RAM such as cuicial and hynix compatible with kingston.
my motherboad is INTEL 915GEV.

goobimama

 Macboy
First of all, are you sure it is DDR2 ram? Last I heard the 915 does not have DDR2. I may be wrong though.

Secondly, it makes perfect sense to go in for Dual channel mode, for which you will need two of the exact same RAM modules.

OP
N

nvidiasingh2006mb

Broken In
I AM DAMN SURE

i have 512ddr2 RAM @ 533mhz
my motherboad intel915GEV supports ddr2 ram which i found in its manual and also the dealer told me about this feature.you can check intel.com if i am lying.

phatratt

In the zone
Make sure the frequency are the same.It does'nt matter if both the sticks are from different manufacturers.BTW,i have one kingston and one hynix running together with out any problems.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
nvidiasingh2006mb wrote:
have 512ddr2 RAM @ 533mhz
my motherboad intel915GEV supports ddr2 ram which i found in its manual and also the dealer told me about this feature.you can check intel.com if i am lying.
U can go for another Kingston 512ddr2 RAM @ 533mhz and insert the RAM in alternate slots in ur mobo to work in Dual Channel Mode.
Eg: ur RAM slots must be named as:
A0====================
A1====================

B0====================
B1====================

So insert ur RAM alternately in slots A0 and B0 or A1 and B1 and it will work in Dual Channel Mode.

Cheers n e-peace.....

K

kill_deep_singh

thanks ma

can i add my old RAM on it
my old RAM is unknown DDR SD but running @ 233 mhz
my motherboad both DDR and SD ram and my three RAM slots r empty
my board is INTEL 915 GEV

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
kill_deep_singh wrote:
can i add my old RAM on it
my old RAM is unknown DDR SD but running @ 233 mhz
my motherboad both DDR and SD ram and my three RAM slots r empty
my board is INTEL 915 GEV
Go for a SD RAM wich matched ur frequency and follow my previous post to install RAM in DUAL channel mode.

But make sure the Frequencies Match with ur old SD RAM.

cheers n e-peace......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom