which processor to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
N

neo_world007

Broken In
Hey yaar ! i am askin i want a intel p4 processor 64-bit multicore & supports overclocking.
& a m/b that support it ..
please ans.
money not an issue...... :( *img1.postimage.org/10714/52950196441a727062d1d8.jpg

puja399

In the zone
Why do u want Intel? AMD is far better than Intel, and runs cooler too. Get Athlon X2 4200+, Dual core, Intel has no match for it. Take Gigabyte or MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum or SLI boards. It will be quite future proof, and u wont have to worry about overheating.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Puja's correct AMDs r far better than Intel. Go for an AMD Athlon FX.

BTW i never heard of multi .... proccy. plz gimme more info.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
AMD is the king. Intel's dual core is nothing compared to AMD's. Go for AMD. I'd recommend an MSI motherboard. They are very overclockable!

Retro

Journeyman
I don't think you can overclock an Intel processor that much. AMD's allows you to do that in a much better way. Though AMD's do ship out locked sometimes, so you can never be sure. I don't know why you are set on a Dual-Core. Dual-Cores are very new and their functioning is not that perfect yet. If you want to try out one, please wait for some months. Better Dual-Cores will enter the market and AMD will start shipping more of it's. You could buy a nice old AMD 3200+ or an Intel 3.2, both are terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom