Status
Not open for further replies.

biswarup

ComputationalArcheologist
I want to know whether Intel D 820 or AMD 64 3500+(939 pins) will be is better for everyday home use. I use to play games, code programmes in VB.NET, surf the net , watch movies and sometimes use to creae multimedia applications.
Also please refer to preferable motherboards for both the processors with onboard graphics (atleast 128 mb video memory). Please tell me the price of them all as in kolkata.

Kniwor

Learner
I´d suggest....
get 3200+ and overclock...

for now 3500+ will outperform 820 but in future 820 will be better....

here in kolkata.. 3200+ for ~8000
3500+ for ~11000

820 is costlier than the 2..........

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
To biswarup:

For everyday use, and the kinds of applications you run, with occassional gaming included, your safest bet will be an AMD 64 3000+ which retails for abt Rs 5850 in Kolkata.It is sufficient for all usual tasks, and if you want a good gaming machine put in a powerful GFx card preferably 6800 GS from XFX or Leadtek and put in some more RAM.A 3500+ is essential for the multimedia artists and Gamers.If you are not one don't need to bother about it. Chow!+
-Kaustav

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
well, dunno about here, but ppl at the coding forums prefer intel coz of its architecture...
BTW, whats the xact price of Pentium 4 Xtreme edition 3.6 Ghz?

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
3000+ or 3200+ would be better.......3500+ to high for everyday use.y waste money.....can use it on ther h/w stuff :)

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey man go for
AMD 3200+ with asus a8n-vm CSm board
or
Intel 3.0 ghz with ASUS p5rd2 board.
both this configuration is beelow 15000
and r gr8
both mobo hav gr8 on board graphics

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Get a AMD Athlon64 3500+ and 1gb of DDR 400 RAM.You can try the Biostar TForce 6100-939 which has the Nvidia Geforce 6100 Onboard graphics and it retails for Rs 4000.The RAM will cost at least Rs 5000.The processor will cost Rs 12000.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
i bought MSI K8NGM2-IL mobo with AMD athlon 3000+ 939 pin for just 9850/-
rockin performance mannnnnnnn!!!
MSI mobos are the best.
Go for FID rather thn IL if available it was not available in my case.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
To GeekyBoy:

biswarup has modest computing needs.He is more of a hardcore Coder,casual surfer,music listener, and movie viewer than a gamer.I think he'll be more than satisfied with a 3000+.

Its got enough proccessing power and the 3200+ edges it out negligibly.So biswarup ,i think you already have a mobo, if you don't then don't go for Biostar.I've read tht these don't perform very good.ASUS is famous for o/c'ability and stability.Its a safer bet to go for an ASUS A8N-VM CSM based on nVidia's 6100 chipset.
Don't go for 3500+ ,its too high a performer to be used for everyday tasks.As for making a good gaming system out of yours, in my previous post i'v mentioned it.+
-Kaustav

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
really with ur kind of usage needs u dont need a high end system, having a 3500+. save money and buy some other peripheral/device instead.

OP
biswarup

biswarup

DDR2 ram

ASUS A8N VM-CSM boards are based on 6150 chipset that gives descent graphics performance. Thanks for ur suggestions, I have another querry. As the new Intel 945G motherboards support only DDR2 rams, What is the price for 512MB DDR2 ram?

Chiran Rai

Right off the assembly line
Help me!
I had made 3 partition in my 40 GB hard drive.C:drive was where my Win98 resided.D:drive is my backup drive and E:drive is where my WinXp resides.
Now, recently to get rid of Win98 and acquire more space. I deleted C:drive partition with he help of WinXp installation CD.But now the problem is that my computer has stopped booting to WinXp.
Is there any solution to this problem?

OP
biswarup

biswarup

Deleted MBR

Hey, don't worry. You've accidentally deleted the MBR which resides in the C: drive. You just have to boot your PC with WinXP cd and then update the existing XP. Other ways are to reinstall XP or reconstuct the MBR.
do whatever you think easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom