WHICH PRINTER MODEL TO BUY.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincereheart

Broken In
WHICH PRINTER MODEL TO BUY.........

My requirements (ideally) and limitations...

1. I want one laser printer for home office...

2. I want preferably a colour laser printer
(but if cost is too high than black and white laser printer will do)

3. My budget is Rs 5000- Rs 10000
(BUT if i get exceptional benefits and features by adding extra few thousands on top of rs 10000 even; i am ready but not say rs 20000)

4. I want best brand (I have heard HP is best for printers but not sure actually who is best among canon; epson and hp)

5. I want it to be multi functional (copy; scan and print)
(FAX if its there good; if not its still OK)

6. I want it to be portable
(I know its tough to get truely poratble at low cost but still something which can be carried if required)

ALL IN ALL...there are so many variables involved....and I am unable to decide......

please suggest some model number which makes a good balance considering all factors above (but all factors above are NOT rigid)....balancing everything to extent possible...

I know it will really require some expert to answer the best considering all factors above...but still i urge him/her to please please suggest the best....

Please feel free to add if u think...something merits attention and i have missed....

Best regards,

sunando

p.s. PLEASE NOT I AM FINALLY GOING TO BUY PRINTER BASED ON MODEL SUGGESTED HERE AS MY TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE IS FAIRLY LIMITED....SO PLEASE BE A BIT CONCERNED WHEN U REPLY...THANKS
SO MUCH...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--------------
sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com
Kolkata India

AlienTech

In the zone
"My budget is Rs 5000- Rs 10000" and you mention laser in there.. Color too... And on top copier, scanner and other things. Maybe a fax and maybe even portable...

I think you should like look at what you can get for 10K rather than what you want for 10K. You are not going to ge tlaser with anything for 10K.

*computers.listings.ebay.in/Printers_W0QQfromZR4QQsacatZ1245QQsocmdZListingItemList

OP
S

sincereheart

Broken In
hi thanks for that reply....

yes now i also realize fax; portability; colour are all together out of question but....

dont u think we can have scan; copy and print monochrome HP laser printer with my budget....any idea.....????????????????????????

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Also in one of the previous DIgit Issues there was an MFD review. I think you should be able to find some good reviews at that price most likely. However I doubt the color part.

hcp006sl

Journeyman
Canon Pixma MP Series, if you want non-LaserJet, would be an ideal choice. Here it should remembered only Pixma MP 780 supports XP x64 and for others Cannon's reply is that there are no plans to create drivers for any other multifunctionals.
If think about LaserJet, buy HP LaserJet 1010 Printer with 1 Year Warranty - round about 10000/-.
But, all-in-one LaserJet would be out of your budget. Cannon printer always have higher price than HP.

OP
S

sincereheart

Broken In
"Canon Pixma MP Series, if you want non-LaserJet"

nOPES i AM GOING TO HAVE BULK PRINITNG...SO I AM TO STICK TO LASERJET NOW...

"Cannon printer always have higher price than HP."

I AM SURPRISED...I HAVE HEARD THAT hp IS THE LEADER...???????????????

"If think about LaserJet, buy HP LaserJet 1010 Printer with 1 Year Warranty - round about 10000/-. "

THATS GREAT..............

"But, all-in-one LaserJet would be out of your budget."

tHAT MAKES ME SAD....can i still know what is the minimum range in this category...???????

thanks again for ur reply...

bets regards

sunando

AlienTech

In the zone
Did you go check out the link to see what is available? There are a lot of choices but most of it will not be available in the Indian market.

If you can get someone to bring you the printer from the US you can save 50% of the cost instead of buying it here. But no warrenty.. I seem laser jets going for $100 but the cheapest I seen them in india are 10K. Over 100% higher.

OP
S

sincereheart

Broken In
i agree with u fully......

ok can someone please say whats rough average cost per page for inkjet printer

1. if original cartridge is used...????????

2. if refill cartridge is used...????????

like HP is leader for laser printers who is leader in dot matrix and inkjet printers...??????????

AlienTech

In the zone
Hmmm I get about 50 pages for a cart costing 1500 or so.. So RS30 per page... But if it is just text you might get 100 pages. Lasers are much much cheaper, maybe around rs5-10 per page. Of course color lasers would cost around the same as the ink jets. But the quality is great, you wont know which is the real thing.... They charge rs50 to make a color copy... While the othe rBW copy is what rs2? Guess they use refills to print em cheaper than what it cost if using original carts.

AlienTech

In the zone
Hmmm I get about 50 pages for a cart costing 1500 or so.. So RS30 per page... But if it is just text you might get 100 pages. Lasers are much much cheaper, maybe around rs5-10 per page. Of course color lasers would cost around the same as the ink jets. But the quality is great, you wont know which is the real thing.... They charge rs50 to make a color copy... While the othe rBW copy is what rs2? Guess they use refills to print em cheaper than what it cost if using original carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom