Which paper to use in HP Inkjet Printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi!

I have few free wallpapers on my desktop and I want their printout. I don't have a printer but my friend does. He's having HP Inkjet printer. We usually use A4 size paper of orient. But I don't which paper I should use in case of those high quality wallpapers. I want good paper quality but I don't know the name of the paper and where to get. The dimensions of the wallpapers are 1024 x 768 pixels. I want the printout of same dimension.

I know I can get prinout on simple A4 size paper but I want those prinouts to look just as they're on the screen. Good paper quality is must. Pls help me.

tuxfan

Technomancer
The Incredible said:
The dimensions of the wallpapers are 1024 x 768 pixels. I want the printout of same dimension.

What do you mean by this? While printing you have to specify DPI - Dots per Inch. Normally its 300 DPI for decent quality. So your 1024x768 at 300 DPI will come out as 3.41 inches x 2.56 inches!!

To increase the size, you will have to reduce DPI. So if you print at 150 DPI, the print will be 6.82 inches x 5.12 inches. But lower the DPI, lower the quality!

IMO inquire the printing costs at a local photo studio! It may be cheaper!

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
@tuxfan
I mnt that while downloading, i read that wallpaper size (or whatever u may call it), is 1024 x 768 pixels. So how much inches do u think is it of.

@sidkool
can u tel me wat cud b the price of that paper and as tuxfan said whether i will have the same quality of image as it is on my computer screen , in short , will it look cool.

My main purpose is to stick those on walls. So will they look like a poster. I don't want that much big size but i don't want to decrez the quality of image. I want the same or nearly same quality on the paper.

Actually I have wallpapers of a hollywood celebrity who is my sister's favourite so i just want to present it to her as well as stick at the place of her b'day party.

Last edited:

anispace

dattebayo
But the max u can print on a home inkjet is only A4 or a little bigger.

Also Kodak photo papers r also good, HP colourfast may be a tad expensive.

shovik

Banned
The best option for you is to go for Kodak Photo Papers which are readily available at any Kodak Express.
All Kodak inkjet photo papers are extra white for vibrant, true-to-life colors. They are made using high-quality photographic base paper, coated with a non-absorbent glossy, satin, or matte finish for clean, crisp, durable results.
You will get absolute brilliant quality while using these papers.
There are three varieties:Ultra Premium Photo Paper, Premium Photo Paper, Photo Paper. For more info about these papers go to the following link:
*www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?ncc=in&lcc=&pq-path=8911&pq-locale=en_IN&_requestid=27096

Regards,
Shovik.

tuxfan

Technomancer
As I said, for decent quality, you should at least print at 300 DPI. At that resoltion you will have a very small pic. So you will have to either lose on quality or size.

Inches will be known on DPIs. So lower the DPI higher the size, lower the quality. Think about it for a few minutes and you will undestand what I am saying.

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
*www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebsm/johnnydepp/johnny_depp_18.jpg

*www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebsm/johnnydepp/johnny_depp_9.jpg

@ tuxfan
The links given above are of the images of whom printout I want. Won't I get the same on paper. I'm getting that U r saying if I will want to have quality then i will have to decrez the size. but won't i get the same on a good kind of paper.

sidkool, shovic and anispace , all have mentioned photo papers. If I'm not wrong then whether these are same papers of which we get photographs shot by common optical cams.

@anispace
tell me the biggest size I can get on a HP home inkjet.

btw, how much is 1024 x 768 pixels in terms of inches if i dont care of quality and i want poster type papers means like we get in magazines. There are many mags which give free posters. I want my prinout to look like them and my paper should be like digit's cover paper of june '06.

and if i dont get that big on my home inkjet then i can go to colourlabs as well but whether i'll get printouts there quickly and will they the type of paper used on the cover of digit june'03.

I just them to be about 1 ft in length and about 3/4 ft in width. According to such supposition how much big will i get on a HP home inkjet?

anispace

dattebayo
yeah i think 1ft*0.7ft is possible. Also while printing set ur printers Print quality as PhotoRET for best quality. I have used Kodak photo papers to print posters of sportscars and believe me the quality is amazing(although it takes a long time to print at PhotoRET)

tuxfan

Technomancer
I am not saying reduce the image size!! Please don't do that!!

You have to setup the printer software to print at a particular DPI (Dots per inch) Now 1024 dots (pixels) and 300 dots per inch will give you a printed pic thats 3.41 inches wide! I don't know how to explain it to you. Please use google for more explanation!

anispace

dattebayo
@tuxfan
yeah PhotoRET is for the DPI setting only.Its the optimum for Photo printouts in HP home printers.

cooldip10

In the zone
use the papers meant for photo printing only.. it costs very much as compared to usual ones.. so try out them first before going for it!!

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
tuxfan said:
I am not saying reduce the image size!! Please don't do that!!

You have to setup the printer software to print at a particular DPI (Dots per inch) Now 1024 dots (pixels) and 300 dots per inch will give you a printed pic thats 3.41 inches wide! I don't know how to explain it to you. Please use google for more explanation!

I got u. It means in one inch of paper there'll b 300 hundred dots and 1024 x 768 pixels will mean 1024 dots in width and 768 dots in length and hence the pic will b really small. And if I'll have to increz da size of pic, i'll have to decrez DPI and that'll lead to decrez in quality.

Am I correct?

Then, if i use kodak photo paper and set the printer quality as PhotoRET then how much DPI should I set so that I can get a printout atleast 1.0ft long and 0.7ft wide??

I know I'll get derezd quality of image but will it look the same as in the site?

If it will not then yet would it be quite good or will it look bad???

But man if I'll decrez the DPI then wouldn't I get a printout with white paper looking in between two dots???

What if I increz the size of the image in ms word then paste it in powerpoint and then take a printout???

anispace

dattebayo
PhotoRET is automatically set when u set print quality to high(Print quality is itself the DPI setting in HP printer control panel)

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Got that.

So all that I have to do is to get one of two types of photo papers, either the usual one or the Kodak Photo Papers and then just set the DPI setting to PhotoRET and get the printout.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom