which one of these???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Ok guys...i need u to help me wid this......
I am quoting below the specs of 2 gfx cards without their names....and u have to tell me which one is better...(consider they both cost the same)

CARD Alpha
Memory=> 128 MB
Mem.Interface=> 64 bit
RAMDAC => 400 Mhz
Core Clock=> 300 Mhz
Features=> DX 9.0 support,CineFX 3, shader model 3,OpenGL 1.5
Output=>DVI-I, HDTV, 15-Pin D-SUB

CARD Omega
memory=> 256 MB
Mem Interface=>128 bit
RAMDAC=> 350 Mhz
CoreClock=> Unknown???
Features=> DX 9.0, OpenGL 2.0, CineFX
Output=>DVI Out , TV Out

PLZ help me choose the better gfx card.
Thanks all!!!

mav3r1ck

Broken In
the 1'st one must be an LE version coz of its 64 bit interface. anyways, as far as i know a 128 bit interface card works much better than a 64 bit interface card. in this case, card Omega will churn out more FPS than card Alpha, simply coz the latter is restricted to a 64 bit interface and to add insult to injury has only 128 Megs of RAM, as opposed to Omega's 128 bit interface and 256 Megs of RAM. the cine fx 3 and shader model 3 features in card Alpha is just a carrot on the stick to attract customers, since these will be totally useless if the card can't churn out decent FPS in high settings, coz these features are used when all eye candy stuff is turned on. and i don't think a 64 bit interface card can handle 8 FSAA + 4 AF @ 1024*768(cinefx 3 and shader model 3 will come into play at these settings), let alone churn out decent FPS. These are my views since i too have an LE version with cinefx 2 and shader model 2, and i know what my card is capable of :wink:

cha.

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Hey all those who chsoe card Alpha, plz give some reason for yer selection live Mav gave for choosing card Omega.
Thx mav.
Still...more views awaited.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
The second one is FAR better. Only a fool would buy a card with a 64 bit memory interface. Anyways, the second one is superior in all features except core speed.

Would you mind telling us the number of pipelines in each?

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Lets see.....i dont have much data on the cards...al that i had is already quoted.
Now for the BIG part of the surprise.. :twisted: ...:-
Card Alpha= Sparkle Geforce 6200
Card Omega=XFX Geforce FX 5200

Both the cards are PCI versions....coz thats what i need (PCI...not PCIe) I have ASUS MEW-AM mobo and 810e chipset with p3 ofcourse !
so pleez...if u can get some more data on the two cards...thx.and ADVICE me whether i should take the 5200 GPU comapred the the newer 6200....thx again

Kniwor

Learner
@MysticHalo

ur question is not all that a good one when u posted it first....

u did not post the GPU and how can u expect us to compare....

still... for all that u had posted before... assuming that all other things not given to us were equivalent...
I would have choosen the second card.... mem interface makes a good impact and the higher amount of memory is rendered useles... also u did not give info in shat is the core spped of secind one...

obviously since u have told us what the 2 cards are ur question no more holds.....

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Well, i read that FX 5200 supports OGL 2.0 at the XFX site, but dunno whether it was referred to the PCI or AGP variant.....there isnt a product sheet either for the card.
To make it clear, lemme give u the exact model no that i want to buy....plz c if u can find some more exact specifications--:

Sparkle Geforce 6200 -: SP-PC44DH
XFX geforce FX 5200 -: PV-T64K-UA

Thanks all for spending ur time in helping me decide....but still, i need some more help !

Ps: @ kniwor, what did u mean at the end, where u wrote abt the GPU thing :roll:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I don't belive the XFX site if it says that their FX5200 supports OpenGL 2.0. The GeForce FX series of cards just dosen't have the architecture to support it and theres nothing XFX or anyone else can do about it.
Why don't you just give us your budget so we can suggest a card for you instead of limiting yourself to these 2 cards? Neither of them are any good according to me.

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
OH yeah.....? 8)
Budget is not a priority, i wanna get the best PCI card for my i810e graphics controller.
I searched a lot of sites and found three cards, Radeon 9250 and FX 5200...and l8r on...6200.
9250 is cr@p coz is doesnt even support OGL 9.

BTW, u r right dr., i checked at PCMALL as well to confirm that Fx 5200 has OGL 1.4
But OGL is not that important.....

The priority list goes this way-;
>> Bus type should be PCI (not e) {MOST important}
>> Should be available in India (or can be made by any dealer or so)
>> should support DX 9
>> should have 128 megs mem atleast
>> should have 64 bits interface atleast
>> should support OGL 1.5
Thats all !!!
If u r able to find me a better CArD....oooo thanks a MIlliON,Billion,Trillion :lol:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Out of the three, 6200 > 9250 > 5200

The priority list goes this way-;
>> Bus type should be PCI (not e) {MOST important}
All the above cards are PCI.
>> Should be available in India (or can be made by any dealer or so)
Pretty sure they are sold in India, but the 6200 wil be hard to find.
>> should support DX 9
That dosen't matter in your case. DirectX 9 games have requirements that far exceed what your PC can provide. No need to have a card featuring DX9 support.
>> should have 128 megs mem atleast
All these cards dont have the power or memory bandwidth to make use of 128 megs of memory. 64MB is good enough. Plus the kind of games you can play with your Pentium 3 dont require more than 64MB.
>> should have 64 bits interface atleast
Duh! Thats the minimum any card comes with.
>> should support OGL 1.5
This really dosen't matter. How many games make use of it.

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Thx m8.
So u suggest me going for a Sparkle GeForce 6200???
Is it the Final Verdict???
yeah...abacus Peripherals have this card, but their e-mail service is kinda cheap quality. Whenever i send their conatct person a mail, he replies me with some stupid info abt seminars on RAM and some other crappy list etc etc...

BTW, ne idea how much this would cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom