Which one is better .OGG or .MP3??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
friends, i want to know which format is better for playing songs on Nokia 3230. .ogg or .MP3?

Is there any difference between the two? I read some where that .OGG files sounds better and are much more compressed i.e small in size.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
.ogg files sounds better n louder at lower rates
and
thereby .ogg files are small in size

Which software i should use to improve the sound quality as well as hear it loud and clear for Nokia 3230?

Certainly Ogg Player

Next time dont post two threads.

G

gxsaurav

I would say, go for 64 kbps MP4 with 44.1 KHz sample rate, that will be enough & will also sound good on mobiles

tuxfan

Technomancer
If you have an OGG player, go for OGG. Its a free open file format and will never be copyrighted/patented. Contrarily, MP3 will be restricted some day.

For some similar reason, Red Hat 9 didn't include MP3 compatibilty and it required some download and installations for MP3 to work under it.

dbPowerAmp Music Convertor has stopped giving facility to convert to MP3 due to some legal issues. The older versions have this facility, newer ones don't have it :(

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
Its all upon you. You can play either in ogg or mp3, both will give you the same results. You can use oggplay for playing ogg files in 3230. Download it from "*sourceforge.net/projects/symbianoggplay". To convert music from mp3s to ogg you can use ogg encoder plugin for winamp. You can download it free from winamp(dot)com.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Actually I mean .. Oggplay ... the Freeware only

Its a must have on every Symbian

Download the Ogg play 1.6.2 ... from this link

*sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86146&package_id=124176&release_id=277161

OP
jiteshbhimani

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
Thanx dudes for replying,
I also some how feel that .OGG file is better than Mp3.

But, i have a little query can we set .ogg file as ring tone in NOKIA 3230 and if not then is there any application which helps us in doing so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom