which one is better linux os Caldera or red hat

Discussion in 'Open Source' started by prasan, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prasan

prasan Guest

hi i just wanna know which is better linux os Caldera of Redhat

please give me reply :D

2. darksat

darksat New Member

Suse 9.1 pro is the best , dude

3. pradeep_chauhan

pradeep_chauhan New Member

gentoo rules the linux world BUT it is not for the starter croud.

4. cool_dude_prav

cool_dude_prav New Member

Surely Red Hat

Red Hat Linux is the best and the current flavour is Fedora Core 2 and is surely the best. Although it is free to download from the site fedora.redhat.com. But for technical support, you might have to shell out $$$ Still Linux in any flavour rocks

5. GNUrag

GNUrag FooBar Guy

Well, as for the feedback i have recieved, RedHat is loosing its hot position... With the creation of RHAS/WS/ES edition they're trying to move away from the central philosophies of Free Dom to its users.... They use developer community to use/test/debug their Fedora project and after that they integrate it into RHEL etc.... and charge a hefty sum...

Same (or much Better) features and capabilities are also available from Debian project.... Its updates are fast and stability is proven... Its just a matter of its popularity that Debian is lagging behind...

And that's precisely the reason why all the live distros like Knoppix, Gnoppix, Morphix are based on Debian project... their package update management via APT is the best example you can have.... with even RedHat also developing a clone for APT for rpm files...

A Gentoo addict... hic hic hic .... :) :) :) :)

6. pradeep_chauhan

seriously just try it once and belive me you to will join in .
    I use debian sarge, fedora core2 and gentoo. The shear simplicity of the gentoo distro gives great insite into the system and allows to control all parameters of your system. Realy you feel in controll and it does bring out the geek in you. By the way the system speed also increases greatly my p3 877(orig 866 OC)512mb matches the other pc p4 2.4 1Gb. The p3 is so fast that i feel like selling out my p4(2.4 HT + 1GB DDR 400+ FX5200 256DDR+sata 160 7200rpm) any takers?
    all thanks to gentoo.

7. GNUrag

GNUrag FooBar Guy

Oh really... I've been getting good reviews for Gentoo for quite a while...but i dont have free space to install it... i have a FreeBSD installation (just for the sake of having a real UNIX) .... and i dont wanna remove it...

But i'll definately give it a try on some friends (victim) computer... anyone wants to install gentoo.... free service provided...

ps: hey pradeep, get yourself an avatar na... i have a tux avatar... wanna have it ?

8. pradeep_chauhan

thanks GNUrag i would love that but can you help me set it up irealy do not know how to do it. How do i ever repay you ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.