Which music phone best for under 13k

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
I am planning to purchase a new phone within a few weeks.
I have a LG G1800 phone . it has a gr8 sound quality , it's battery life is also good when playing mp3's plus it has a 256k colour display but limited memory is it's greatest drawback.

i want a phone with a little more flaunt value together with these features .

1)mp3,wma & other formats with integrated fm player

2) 256k or better colour display.

3)decent megapixel camera(optional)

4)bigger screen size than current phone.

5)bluetooth or infrared ports(optional)

6)EDGE & java

My budget is around 9000-13000. i am willing to extend my budget by about 2k-3k for better sound quality than my current phone.

I would prefer a flap phone to a bar or a slider phone .

i am totally confused please suggest something plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
Hey Rakesh don't even think about getting a LG phone. If you want great sound quality and a phone loaded with features, I strongly suggest you get yourself a Sony Ericsson Walkman phone. SE W550i will easily fit in your budget. It has EXCELLENT sound quality, loads of features, and a good processor. Its only drawback is that it has an unexpandable memory og 256 MB. Else it will satisfy all your needs. You could also go for W810i or W700i(the latest one). If you want a good music phone, go for Sony Ericsson. If you go for a LG phone, you'll see later on that it was a waste of money, but if you go for SE, you'll see its a complete PAISA WASOOL. Believe me.

:) Peace

Adhiraj

Last edited:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
dude if ur looking for music theres nuttin better than walkman series from sony ericsson....w550i wud be round 11k and since u can stretch ur budget for music then definately go for w700i or w810i....theres no alternative to it

cheers

T

tech_despot

hey maharaja, i really don't know why people hate lg phones . their phones are well priced and do have better looks than nokia . i mean nearly every lg phone comes with 256k display . nokia is expensive only b'coz of brand name & not much features .

T

tech_despot

anyways, u can go for the walkman series . but the orange colour does make it a bit girlish. or go for the nokia 7710 ,big price drop in it .wait for a month or so & 7710 will be in your budget. but the above mentioned phones don't have a 256k display which is by far the most important for me.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
W550i would be the obvious choice. Superb audio quality and loudness, killer looks, funky design, fast interface, brilliant screen and Sony Ericsson. What else can a person get for Rs. 11,000 (approximately)! :)

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
no pain no gain
nokia 6270 dropped at 15k as u said u can xtend u can opt for it(if u like series 40)

Sanchit

Broken In
Nokia 6600 can play MP3s if you have the right software. You can download the software from www.funmaza.com . Real Media files are of short size and can be played on 6600.

True Geek

Journeyman
Sanchit said:
Nokia 6600 can play MP3s if you have the right software. You can download the software from www.funmaza.com . Real Media files are of short size and can be played on 6600.

But its Music Quality sucks. w550i is the best choice except Expandable me. 256 MB is just not enuf if you are a music freak.

k750i has excellent Sound quality(in headphones comparable to Walkman seies, but in Speakers w550i is way better) + expandable memory + Much Better Camera.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Anybody knows the current price of Nokia 3250???Loads of feature nd is a music phone nd supports every format you know nd comes with a special stereo earplugs with media playback buttons nd also comes with a 512MB mini SD nd sports a 2Mp camera. In dat case u get a music phone + the OS funtionality nd software supports of s60!!!!!LOL it would be gr8 better than Walkman fron SE!!!!!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It might be better is some aspects but it is not even halfway there in the main requirement, music. You can read the review on GSMArena.com and many other sites.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ anarchist
3250 is a dedicated music phone nd has a set of music buttons on its back which can be rotated to front. It also comes with a quality earplugs which also has quite a bit of functuons in it. Nokia has clearly written in the site dat it has good music quality nd has many presets like bass boost nd so on nd could give upto 10hrs of music or 6hr talk time as compared to 1.5 hr talk time of 3230!!!nd Nokia has moved to SD due to greater capacities available nd speed also matters. The inbuilt speaker is not just a hole as in 3230 or 7610 but a mest at the top with wide area which could mean(may be) the inbuilt speaker is larger nd powerful nd sounds good too.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
aravind_n20 said:
Nokia has clearly written in the site dat it has good music quality
I did not expect them to write otherwise either. C'mon, it is their product. They are not going to write on their site that it sucks!
For a comparison, you need to read reviews of neutral critics. GSMArena.com has good reviews. Read the 3250 review there.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
6600 really sux....even my K300i sounds way better than that...infact it sounds better than 7610 which is double its price....well, its a proved issue friend...for sound, camera, features, price n styling it goes wit SE...nokia just offers its name and software proned to viruses...gud luk

cheers

prankie

D PrankMaster
U can go for 550i, if u really are a audiophile.. but the phone has its drawbacks.
i.e. no extendable mem
no 3g or edge (u mentioned u needed it)
will run only java apps(i hate this thing)
U can also think of gettiin W800i coz SE has stopped producin w800i (so i think u may get it cheap), instead SE has brought in W700i, same as w800i, with better color (not orange) and 256MB mem stick.
check its price.

Regarding NOKIA3250,,, its awesomme. right combination of music and features.

but as its based on newer symbian, u may find it hard to find softies for it, as older generation symbian apps are not compatible with it. anyways u can always run java apps on it. i think its current price is 15800/-

So i think u can try N6630.. good sound and has all the features u mentioned at a sweet price of abt 11k.

prankie

D PrankMaster
U can go for 550i, if u really are a audiophile.. but the phone has its drawbacks.
i.e. no extendable mem
no 3g or edge (u mentioned u needed it)
will run only java apps(i hate this thing)
U can also think of gettiin W800i coz SE has stopped producin w800i (so i think u may get it cheap), instead SE has brought in W700i, same as w800i, with better color (not orange) and 256MB mem stick.
check its price.

Regarding NOKIA3250,,, its awesomme. right combination of music and features.

but as its based on newer symbian, u may find it hard to find softies for it, as older generation symbian apps are not compatible with it. anyways u can always run java apps on it. i think its current price is 15800/-

u can also try N6630.. good sound and has all the features u mentioned at a sweet price of abt 11k.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ prankie
Hey man, there would be no conflict in softies with versions of OS...Consider 6600 nd 6681. The latter has newer symbian OS and there are many huge diference but the softies are all compatible, even N70 can supports thise 6600 softies. So there is no softy issue.

prankie

D PrankMaster
aravind_n20 said:
@ prankie
Hey man, there would be no conflict in softies with versions of OS...Consider 6600 nd 6681. The latter has newer symbian OS and there are many huge diference but the softies are all compatible, even N70 can supports thise 6600 softies. So there is no softy issue.
N3250 is based on symbi v9.1
and n6600 and n6681 are based on v7 and v8 resp.
softies of v7 and v8 are intercompatible bt v9.1 i.e of N3250, N80, E60,61, N91,93 are not backward compatible....
hope u understand.
Regards
prankie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom