which motherboard with p42.66ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
plz suggest me a suitable m/b for p4 2.66 ghz..... i have been to various vendors... some say d110.....915gav or glvg....... i am confused.... plz suggest some nice one with adequate price.....
also shud i go for p4 or athlon xp3000+ ????? if so with which m/b and cost also

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
If you want to install win98 as many people want to do, then go for intel 845 chipset motherboard. Otherwise you can opt for intel 915 chipset which is offered by dealers. On 915 you cannot install win98. My sincere advice is go for the latest motherboard like 915 and install xp. forget win98. even microsoft has stopped supporting it.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
please dont buy Intel 915 GAV board as it only has one IDE controller on the motherboard which displeases many IDE fans. also when u need to install two IDE and DVD RW at the same time, its not really possible unless u use a USB 2 IDE cable. am currently experiencing problems with this kind of situation. other than this only flaw, the board is good as it has four USB 2.0 ports and 4 SATA ports .

check out boards of ASUS,MSI and GIGABYTE. they may be a bit costly but they are surely worth the price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom