Which Motherboard I have ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shailendra

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,
I have one old motherboard with PII 400Mhz processor installed. On the motherboard I can see VIA chips & number KA-1600 which I think is mother board number. I have no manual/CD that comes with motherboard. Where I can find information about Manufacturer of this motherboard & download drivers / user manuals ??

Thanks for any replies in advance..

Shailendra.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Please check the model number again - is it KA-6100 instead of KA-1600 ? If it is KA-6100, it's an FIC motherboard - 1 AGP, 3 PCI, 2 ISA slots; 3 SDRAM slots, dual AT/ATX power supply connectors. You can download the drivers and manual from
*www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/motherboard.aspx?model_id=11

bravefart

Broken In
Hey man is that a trick question :lol: ; we are No psychics just lil' psyched . But can use a freeware like Sisoft sandra or a share ware like Dr. Hardware but better still get the info bout your hardware when you buy it. ;) :wink:

P.S. I have P4 3.0 Ghz Intel 845 can any body tell me my age ??? :wink: :twisted:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
bravefart said:
P.S. I have P4 3.0 Ghz Intel 845 can any body tell me my age ??? :wink: :twisted:

:shock: :shock: p4 3.0ghz on 845(( codename brookdale))??????

u have 845E,845G,845GL????
complete specs pls..!!!!

u have installed 3ghz on a board that supports 400mhz FSB???
u have installed 3ghz on a board that supports PC 133 SDRAM???

do not makes sense to me......

waiting for complete specs of ur rig....... 8)

:wink:

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
apart from your important discussion devil and brave ..
a small thing to say ..

there is a very small utility to detect your computer hardware ..
its called CPU-Z
wesite:: *www.cpuid.com/

-----
alibi

Geforce

Journeyman
:D Better still go to the Device Manager

You will find some numbers under System Resources .....
One sets of numbers for the North Bridge and the other for the south bridge.

Typically look for the number in **** Processor to AGP Controller
**** is the chipset number.

After identifying the chipset goto www.via.com.tw or www.viaarena.com to find the latest drivers.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
pimpom said:
Please check the model number again - is it KA-6100 instead of KA-1600 ? If it is KA-6100, ..........You can download the drivers and manual from.............
OK, laugh if you like 'cos I'm quoting my own post... In cases like this, I wish the OP would reply to say either 'No, I got the model number right the first time' OR 'Yes you're right, I read the number upside down and reversed the order of 1 and 6'. With a comment to say if he/she found any of the replies helpful.

It's different in cases where, say, the OP is asking for advice to make a buying decision, and he wants to think over all the suggestions for several days or even weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom