Which MoBo to go with?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

saud_khan

Broken In
I wanna buy C2D E6550.....but i want a decent and economical mobo for this processor.........Graphics no issues as i have an XFX 8600 GT graphics card..........hence i want a mobo with neat features and a bit easy on the pockets as well.............Please suggest some good boards...........Thanx!!!!

Pathik

Google Bot
Xfx 650i ultra with a bios update.. Even that may not be necessary with the new batch.. Btw y dont u get a 6750?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
e6750 costs 8k
hey guys whats better xfx650i ultra or asus p5nesli if i DONT WANT SLI

OP
S

saud_khan

Broken In
is it possible to over clock a bit with the stock fan for the c2d e6550 or e6750????? and is the latest version available which does not require a bios update???? if yes, what is the way to recognize that!!!!!!!!!

entrana said:
e6750 costs 8k
hey guys whats better xfx650i ultra or asus p5nesli if i DONT WANT SLI

not in my budget dude!!!!! i think i will have to go with c2d e6550........it isnt that bad compared to e6750..........is it????????

Last edited:

sashijoseph

In the zone
and is the latest version available which does not require a bios update???? if yes, what is the way to recognize that!!!!!!!!!
Yes it is.It's the P03 bios revision.
To recognise it you'll need to boot up and note the bios string for a P03 at the end.
Just tell your dealer to connect the proccy,ram,and graphics card and show the display.

OP
S

saud_khan

Broken In
sashijoseph said:
Yes it is.It's the P03 bios revision.
To recognise it you'll need to boot up and note the bios string for a P03 at the end.
Just tell your dealer to connect the proccy,ram,and graphics card and show the display.

Any other way to identify the bios upgrade if the dealer does not agree to comply with the above conditions!!!!!!! Any identifications on the box????? and may i know since when xfx start to ship the upgraded mobos........i think that may help as well!!!!!!!

Pathik

Google Bot
@saudkhan In some places it already has.. And the 6550 aint bad
@entrana if u dont need sli then save 2k and get the xfx 650i ultra..
@gigacore the asus p5n e sli is a very good board

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
@pathiks well i dont need sli, but i read reviews saying xfx 650i is unstable and bad, real real bad

Pathik

Google Bot
@giga 6.8k
@entrana i havent used it yet but the reviews say that its too good.. Many members here ll vouch 4 it

OP
S

saud_khan

Broken In
entrana said:
@pathiks well i dont need sli, but i read reviews saying xfx 650i is unstable and bad, real real bad

Any member using this board here???????

pathiks said:
@saudkhan In some places it already has.. And the 6550 aint bad
@entrana if u dont need sli then save 2k and get the xfx 650i ultra..
@gigacore the asus p5n e sli is a very good board
didnt get ya??????? :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom