1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Which mobo. supports AGP8x

Discussion in 'CPU / Motherboards' started by kmd, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmd

kmd New Member

I plan to buy a new system. I need to know which chipset supports AGP8x... Or is it entirely different? :roll: :shock:

2. kkeng

kkeng New Member

amd/intel ?

3. Naga

Naga New Member

Almost all mobos now support 8x. 8x is on its way out. PCI express is nearly here. If u're going for AMD, check out the nForce 2 400 chipset. Nothing else comes close. And if u're a Intel fan,...well, what can I say, get anything u like. All Intel platforms suck.

4. suave_guy

suave_guy pedal to metal

Absolutely right! naga.... :) Infact all the wrong speculations made about AMD such as its not stable, it heats up are wrong....infact its very overclocking friendly.

Btw i've a query of my own....since doom3 has been released so i'm thinking of a major sys. upgrade. Can anyone plz tell me whether is there any AMD motherboard supporting PCI express tech. as i've planned to go for nvidia geforce 6800 :) which is PCI express based graphics card.

5. blade_runner

blade_runner New Member

The geforce 6800 is AGP 8x right now, nvidia has plans to release a pci-e based 6800 soon. As of now there is no AMD mobo which is gonna support PCI-E but the nforce 4 will and i think the K8T800Mpro chipset is also going to support PCI-E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.