which mobile to buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgame2

Padawan
i m looking to buy a mobile phone...

these are the factors i have to consider as i m buying it for my mom...who is not so tech savvy..she is alright with them

so i need a good , strong built model upto 16k~18k ...want to gift her on her birthday.

was thinking about iphone3g ...but its insane to buy that phone(that too sim locked for 31k) ...i will never buy it.

so my choices come down to

any model from nokia and sony ericsson upto 16~18 k...(N73 ME excluded!)
having
a) decent camera w/ flash.
b)good quality music player with FM( memory is not an issue!).
c)ease of use

off course the other feature that comes with a phone of this price range.

i m not so much inclined to buy samsung and LG or other brands ..precisely for one reason that they don't have great service and support at my place...which is important for me...as the phone is not for me.

but i do like LG viewty ..how is it? whats its recent price ? any good or worth than N82?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
THE MIGHTY N82 ( if you buy for yourself this will be great but gifting it mummy i don't like the idea mummy symbian ka use nahi karegi na wifi ka na gps ka)

for this purpose you must buy

C902 or W902

i will pick W902 to gift :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you are buying a phone for your mom and if she is not a techie, get something that is light, small and looks cute.

eg: LG Viewty.

I wouldn't suggest N82. It's a manly phone. It's heavy and it's like a brick.

1) W890i. slim and awesome phone
2) K810i. looks stunning and great camera phone
3) Samsung G800. Superb looks awesome performance, slim and stylish. 19k

MY PICK WOULD BE MOTOROKR U9 (pebl like phone).

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
C902. It looks awesome.Your mom will be the talk f the town if she goes around with this one.It comes in red and it makes a perfect girt.Check it out somewhere.Its ravishing. It also has the best sound quality of all cam phone here.Is 10 mm thick, and packs a 5mp cam and also has gps(cell positioning).All in all a perfect gift.

if your mom is more inclined to music get her any se
i think k810i is a good option but just check out its keypad before buying it. some may find difficulty with it
go with c902 if you can afford it. its superb and satisfies all your requirements

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
+1 for C902. If you don't want to spend 19k however then you can also get the T650i for around 15k.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1 for C902 from me too. Its a pretty good combination of a nice 5mp camera and great sound quality......

OP
I

imgame2

Padawan
thanks everybody for taking time and replying i really appreciate it ....C902 looks like everybody's choice ...and i looked at few sites it has got good reviews.

@krates indeed N82 is mighty ...but its not of much use to my mom.i have one question for u though.... why choose W902 over C902 ?

@desiibond MOTOROKR U9 looks good but how is it performance wise ? its camera is not that good only 2mp...now 3.2 mp has become a norm..i guess.

@krazzy ....how is the keypad of T650i ? keys looks small ....

what really id the difference between W902 and C902 ..i understand W is for walkman series and C for cybershot series ....

both has 5 mp camera and i guess W902 will very good sound quality...

but of the two camera which one is good ? and how are the headphones supplied with them ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, C902 and W902 are twins...

C902 is a Cybershot series phone - It is having the 8 touch sensitive keys to make your camera experience more interactive. The camera lens isn't open. It is having the lens cover to prevent damage to the lens. It lacks the Walkman series exclusive Walkman player.

W902 is a Walkman series phone - It specializes in the music department. It is going to have the Walkman player for listening to songs. Its camera lens doesn't have any cover.....

Now its upto your taste. W902 isn't launched yet. It will be launched after 2 months......You just have the option of C902....And C902 also got very nice music quality. Way better than any phone excluding the high end Walkman counterparts.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
@krazzy ....how is the keypad of T650i ? keys looks small ....

I haven't used the phone myself. But in all the reviews I read, the keypad is supposed to be quite comfortable despite the small size of the keys. Really if your mom is not going to make full use of the 5mp camera, then it makes sense to save some money and get the T650i over the C902.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
@krates indeed N82 is mighty ...but its not of much use to my mom.i have one question for u though.... why choose W902 over C902 ?

Because of C902 touch sensitive keys making the screen width smaller and i don't think your mom gonna use them even

W902 got a bigger screen

Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate

8 GB card included

W902 looks better to me it's in black she will love it for music

and i am sure that it is going to be priced some 3k more than C902 as it got a 8 gb card

this is what i call killer looks

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/sonyericsson/se-w902-1.jpg

i will choose it over N82 even for it's looks

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
The W902 has atleast 4 more months before it comes to India. Or maybe for even the global launch man.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@krates

I think you've been infatuated.....:lol: by W902....:lol:

But anyways, C902 is also a very good looking phone IMO.....

BTW, look out for C902 James Bond edition...if its available. It rocks....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@all

The greatly biased site **you know who** said that W902 is ugly.....and has yucky looks......:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom