Which laptop to choose from? with a few technicalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitsz

Broken In
Greeitings there.

X-posted after waiting for a day.(am in a hurry)

today(2-07-05) i happen to see a few laptops.(Acer-TravelMate 4150, Acer-TravelMate 2355,Compaq M2015AP,Lenovo 2887 LQ3,Lenovo 1834 LQ3)

i like's them all.

here's a few Q's i like to have answers..
1. Difference between
a) limited hardware warranty(Lenovo)
b) customer carry in limited hardware global warranty(Lenovo)
c) onsite warranty(Lenovo)

2. why is so that a USB FDD is priced differently aby different brands? say acer's cost 1000/- Compaq's is 1800/- and Lenovo's cost 2700/-

3. Same is with a DDR RAM.

4. Is the HDD rpm difference visible?

5. what ports/network connectivity should one go for? there are a number of them being offered.. say 6-in-1 reader/bluetooth/wi-fi/parallel/serial/USB(how many are worth?) So what combination fits in for say 3-4 years(being too optimistic)

6. What to go for intel/AMD?

Also what would you choose from Lenovo/Compaq/Acer. Among the ones a saw, the price difference is not much except the Acer-2355(30K), the rest are around 48K(~3K).
the reason i ask this is ACER is feature rich. i don know how much a 6-in-1 reader costs and its pluggability in any non-ACER laptop.

I prefer the Lenovo R series model, but it has less feature.but lotsa features good for first time laptop users.

So am confused but just at the point of buying.kindly help.

thanks,
rohit.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
try having a look at Acer Aspire 5000.. turion 64 bit lappie with 15" widescreen and dvd r/w

Rs 49k

Sourabh

Laptoping
This is what mail2and is talking about.

Good laptop and truly VFM.

Moving to Mobile Monsterz...

super_i_man

Broken In
you can see that I have R51 2887 LQ3. Now if u have a cash crunch then go for 1834 LQ3 otherwise 2887 LQ3 is better in the scence of future upgrades, R51 has a ultrabay and wifi. with ultrabay u can put an optional extra hard drive, battery and DVD writer later (dvd ibm will introduce) so it is safe from the future point of view. compaq has good config and u can go for it if u have the habit of changing laptops in 2 years(check about later upgrades). otherwise if u indian minded and long term oriented go for IBM R51 2887 LQ3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom