Which is the Most Dangerous Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatkat

Technomancer
Most dangerous virus is one, for which AVs has no definitions and their Heuristics cant catch it and also there are no updates for it.

V

vimalonline

stalin said:
Which is the Most Dangerous Virus how they work. How to remove it from computer??

u cant say it since all the AV give the soln to clean it as soon as the virus gets into ur system

chinmay

Journeyman
i had sasser virus(a very common virus) in my pc for almost an year and it used to shut down my pc in a minute on the warning...none of the best avs available (nav, mcaffe, pc-cillin, avast) cud detect n remove it...finally i had to reinstall my os....

chinmay

Journeyman
stalin i dun wanna be rude nut on seein the forum index i felt that u r jus trying to increase your post count by putting lots of irrelevant and uninteresting but legally true(so that mods cannot warn or ban u) posts in the forum....plz dont do this...no offence meant

bharathbala2003

why need title?
chinmay_d said:
i had sasser virus(a very common virus) in my pc for almost an year and it used to shut down my pc in a minute on the warning...none of the best avs available (nav, mcaffe, pc-cillin, avast) cud detect n remove it...finally i had to reinstall my os....

u can remove the sasser worm using the McAffee Stinger this is not a full fleged anti virus tool but it does delete the sasser worm :) i have used it in my computer to remove this worm as well as many more backdoor trojans

chinmay

Journeyman
dude mcaffe stinger was there in my pc but it cud only detect it n not remove it...must be a really deadly version of sasser...normal sasser virus can b removed by any aira gaira av..lol

bharathbala2003

why need title?
stronger version :roll: hmm try this it has 5 or 6 versions of sasser removal tool

*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sasser.removal.tool.html

V

vimalonline

re

chinmay_d said:

i think u haven't update ur virus definitions dats why those AV doesn't detect the virus...

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
As swatkat said, the worst viruses are those that don't have a "fix" for them, called "In the Wild" viruses. They are most damaging because by the time the fix is out, the virus would have spread far and damaged/infected millions of computers across the planet. As of now however, the most damaging virus to date has been MyDoom. Removal tools for most viruses are provided by antivirus software companies for free on their web sites along with removal instructions. Its always recommended that you install a antivirus/firewall combo and keep it updated with the latest updates.

vysakh

Padawan
how destructive is the new sober worm ??
i heard that its been spreading like anything these days

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The virus is being evaluated to be upped to a higher category/high-risk virus, but the infection level percentages of email are still the same. Most AV companies are facing the new Sober.P variant, which is really spreading pretty fast these days and is on top of the virus charts as of now, when it comes to being watched. While most businesses/savvy computer users are protected, the virus is said to turn off Symantec's system protection as well as the Windows firewall, so that might mean a huge percentage of home/SOHO users might fall prey to the new strain. It's still being watched.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
yo chacko welcome back.. where have u been! missed u m8 :wink: :lol:

for MSN Messenger u got the Kelvir and the Sumon or the Win32.Serflog.a

well for Y! as such i dont know any but mainly it comes in the for of Phishing Scams..

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Any virus even a small floppy infecting can become ur worst nightmare without proper protection.

To know how to get proper protection go the stivky thread mentioned at

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11368

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
Nowdays whenever some of friends give floppy take a printout from word document with a virus gift in it but I had proper AV, it deleted that exe files when in insert my floopy into comp

Charley

Just Do It
Which virus dude ?????? :eek:

stalin said:
Nowdays whenever some of friends give floppy t
ake a printout from word document with a virus gift in it but I had proper AV, it deleted that exe files when in insert my floopy into comp

CyCo

In the zone
chinmay_d said:

try kaspersky .. i like that the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom