Which is the BEST torrent client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello!
I know that this question has no fixed answer and that if fifteen people reply to the topic, I'll probably be suggested twelve 'best' torrent clients! :p
But anyway, can someone please share opinions about the client they use and what are it's merits? I use BearShare for filesharing but have heard a lot of praise for torrent clients lately so I decided to give it a shot. I don't mind paying for the software if need be.
Thanks! :)

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
But I have heard that it has very few features and that the download speed is slow (something I cannot tolerate at all). There is also some sort or an upload limit. Can you please give me details about it?

I just downloaded µTorrent and started a download. I am getting an average speed of twenty KBPS (the file is of thirty-six MB). The same file when downloaded through BearShare (from Gnutella2 network) is getting downloaded at speeds in excess of hundred KBPS. Is there more to this scenario than meets the eye or is BitTorrent actually slower?

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
the download speed depends on ur broadband connection.
I get 30-35 KBps in torrents on my DATAONE 256Kbps.
Bit torrent is very fast , efficient and very light.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I have the Home-1000 plan (384 KBPS).
And how come there is this HUGE difference between Gnutella2 and BitTorrent?

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Please search the forum before posting.
There have been a number of posts, and many have replied to it..
so you might get some opinion about clients.

These are the best of the lot:

Link 1 | Link 2

But my preference lies on Azureus or BitComet

Savvy:!:

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Can someone suggest me a way to get download speeds of around fifty KBPS on my 384 KBPS connection while downloading from the BitTorrent network?
And I have seen in many places - "Please seed it after you download the file". What does that mean and how do I 'seed' a file?

Kniwor

Learner
i use bitcomet... but frankly speaking i have never learnt to use a bittornet client.... i still cant use it properly... and use it only on rare occasions

47shailesh

Security Exp
i use bitcomet, Azures is preety good with lot of features it is basically java build and eats comparatively more resources...

vysakh

Padawan
aryayush said:
Can someone suggest me a way to get download speeds of around fifty KBPS on my 384 KBPS connection while downloading from the BitTorrent network?
speed depends on the number of sources available. the more the sources (seeds), the more the speed

aryayush said:
And I have seen in many places - "Please seed it after you download the file". What does that mean and how do I 'seed' a file?
it means that, even if you have completed the downloading process, you should not stop the uploading process.

goobimama

 Macboy
What the hell! Is this a joke? What's going on here? Aayush? you? Torrent client help?

Anyway, I use utorrent and get speeds of 250kBps+ while using private trackers. Your speed on a BSNL Home-1000 is 384kbps to 2mbps (which mostly is at 2mbps). The speed depends on the seeders and the quality of the seeders. No further settings required on uTorrent.

EDIT: Oh. So I'm the duck here. Didn't see the date of the post. :( One would expect me to delete my post, but a duck is a duck and there's nothing one can do about it. Damn you aayush.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
best client is azureus.i use it most often.also deluge too is good.pppoe is used in most cases/u need to do open a random port in ur OS for torrents to get good speed ie,in bridge mode where u dial from ur mac or linux or windows.if u use router inbuilt dialer,u have to mess with the config page @ 192.168.1.1 and set virtual server manually by referring *portforward.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom