Which is the best software for Fax???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello friends!

Can anyone tell me which is the best software to do fax from computers using modem?

I have used Symantec WinFax Pro 9 and no doubt it is a very good software, but as all other Symantec products, it seems to be very resource hungry. As I have a P2 400 Mhz with only 159 MB SDRAM in my office, I need a software which is light on resources and should have a feature of sending fax directly from other softwares like Word, Excel etc.

Moreover, is there a way to send fax using my existing BSNL Broadband connection?

Thank you.

eddie

El mooooo
In my Windows days, I used to use a program named Ventafax. It was quite good and had lots of features with low resource consumption. You must also have got a CD with your modem and I am almost 99% sure that it must be having at least one Fax program, if not more. Just have a look into the CD as the bundled software are usually very light.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
nd i used to make use of fax software that cme along with HP printer ( AIO ) installation CD ...

why dont u search in google...
"freeware fax applications" .. will surely give u sumthing u can use!

champ_rock

champ_rock
why not use the one which comes with windows xp itself..........

go in windows components and install it..... it rocks. absolutely very less resources.... (i have p3 500mhz... i know :))

godsownman

Padawan
With my modem I had got a CD which has a software called Supervoice .

Pretty good and efficient software.

I dont know where its available on the net . You'll have to search .

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
go4saket said:
I have used Symantec WinFax Pro 9 and no doubt it is a very good software, but as all other Symantec products, it seems to be very resource hungry. As I have a P2 400 Mhz with only 159 MB SDRAM in my office, I need a software which is light on resources and should have a feature of sending fax directly from other softwares like Word, Excel etc.Thank you.

Ramakrishnan said:
use Winfax Pro by Symantec *www.symantec.com/winfax/

*geocities.com/dalordvirus/laf.gif*geocities.com/dalordvirus/laf.gif

Dood he was already using this :D well I have got no idea about win98 :?

Dipen01

Youngling
i Hope am not goin side track... btw with this Fax Application ...we are able to send fax on fax machines (PHONE LINE) or Computer to Computer..!!

Aint sure abt this...never tried it so...

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
If you have a telephone line connected to you computer (ie if you have a modem) then the software simply makes you computer a fax machine.

Yes, that means you can send fax directly to a fax machine from your computer (like a printout) and you can ALSO RECIEVE Faxes directly from a fax machine to your computer.

Cool eh??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom