Which is the best skin for Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnpandya

Broken In
I wanted to know about the best skin creating software for windows xp. I've tried all directly available from google search i.e. Windowblinds, DesktopX, Talisman, SkinStudio etc. but none of them gives very good cool skin!

Then the longhorn transformation pack was very good option. But I want to change skins of all my windows to the kind of which we get in Windows Media Player 10. Any idea?

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
ok, themes/visual styles r the answer for u...
download and install StyleXP
next, for best results, patch ur uxtheme.dll file with the uxtheme.dll patcher
now for gr8 lookin themes, visit and download the themes that suits ur tastes from deviantart or themexp. ( download only themes and visual styles for style xp...there r themes for other utilities too...so be careful what u dload)...use style xp to apply and use the themes/visual styles.

enjoy!!! :D

G

gxsaurav

SkinStudio, WindowBlinds, Objectbar & Iconpackager , these are what I use one of the best

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
klinux said:
any s/w to make xp look like linux ? ;)

well, u may be able to make it look like knoppix
*www.themexp.org/preview.php?mid=66845&type=vs&view=&page=&cat=&name=Linux+Knoppix.zip

u can also use KDE crystal explorer bar icons
*www.themexp.org/preview.php?mid=74951&type=ebi&view=&page=&cat=&name=KDE+Crystal+II.zip

enjoy! :d

DJ Shaji

Broken In
Be Warned - The .NET Style interface which many applications use (e.g MS Office) doesn't look good with any other skin except Win XP Blue. Be Warned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom