Which is the best P2P software???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello friends!

Which is the best P2P software available. Obviously it shouldn't be harmful to the system, if possible, add free and should have the a really good database.

I had been using Limewire. Although its good in all other respects, but I have a feeling that the database should have been more deep.

bala4digit

Journeyman
there are hundreds of threads already running under this topic...search them...but i think LIMEWIRE PRO 4 still rocks !!!

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Oh no not again.....
The same discussion over and over...

When u guys learn to search....

P.S. : Limewire pro 4.10 is the best and fastest...

I think limewire is also fevorite of this forum.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

I heard that BitTorrent is one of the best these days. So which client should I use to get the best results.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Which would be a better client, the software available at the official website of bittorent or BitComet...

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Why it doesnt connect...
Check ur firewall...
Check for settings for proxy if u use privecy software like hide ip...

Also check that is there a service vsmon.exe running without Zone Alarm running in background.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

I just downloaded the Bittorrent software from the official site of Bittorrent. After installing it, I saw that what ever I try to search is actually searched using http interface in Internet Explorer. The website it uses to search is *search.bittorrent.com

If this is done through IE only, what is the point of downloading the software. Moreover, if I try downloading anything from the search results I get, it has an extension of .torrent. Now, how do I use files of this extension. Which software do I need to open these files.

Moreover, as in Limewire, do we have an option in Bittorrent also to search specific kind of files, i.e. images, video, applications, audio etc...

Max_Power

Broken In
@go4saket

Bittorrent clients are more like download managers.
You use the browser (Opera, ie) to search for and download a *.torrent file (eg:- Software.torrent) on sites such as www.torrentspy.com

When you open the *.torrent file with the bittorent software it gets the info on where the file is located or distributed (site, server, or host pc) and starts downloading the main file (eg:- software.exe)

A *.torrent file is more like a link (or shortcut) to the main file.

A *.torrent file opens with a Bittorent software such as Azureus or Bitcomet.

In some sites you CAN search for specific types of data such as audio, video, software or ebooks.
Some sites even have catogories such as games, movies, top downloads, etc.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Since this thread is going on let me add too. I prefer torrents to traditional P2P's. I feel they are better for big files and have a larger database if you know where and how to search for them. I also feel more secure using a torrent rather than traditional P2P. Among the bittorrent clients I prefered BitComet a lot. But, I have heard about it being banned from many sites since it doesn't adhere strictly to Bittorrent protocol or something. Anyways it'snot available for my linux box. Now-a-days I use BitTornado as my BitTorrent client as I believe it has better features than oficial BitTorrent cilent. I refrain from usign Azureus,though it has lot more features, as it is too high on system resources as it is Java based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom