which is the best motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Can someone suggest me which is the best mothrboard for Quad core processors with and without SLI both. Price is not the main factor as i can spend 15k on that only.. I am not a overclocker so also keep that in mind

amitash

Intel OCer
the best mobo out there is the asus maximus formula...but no SLI but u have crossfire...with sli get the evga nforce 680i or 780i...if u are ever planning to overclock then do not get any sli mobos...they dont work with quads...many places ive seen pple who cant even get their quads working with the striker extreme...so i dont suggest the striker...the asus P5K delux is really good too...and for not overclocking theirs the intel extreme mobos...

darklord

Cyborg Agent
the best mobo out there is the asus maximus formula...but no SLI but u have crossfire...with sli get the evga nforce 680i or 780i...if u are ever planning to overclock then do not get any sli mobos...they dont work with quads...many places ive seen pple who cant even get their quads working with the striker extreme...so i dont suggest the striker...the asus P5K delux is really good too...and for not overclocking theirs the intel extreme mobos...

Best board out there is Asus Maximus Formula ?? you sure ? ;)
Agreed its a good board,but not the best for sure.

No point buying any 680i or 780i boards as of now.Wait for 790i,its just around the corner.

if u are ever planning to overclock then do not get any sli mobos...they dont work with quads
Care to explain how and why ?

Interestingly, before the advent of HD2900 series and now the 3870X2, all previous 3DMark2006 WR were on SLI with 88Ultra, IF 680i couldnt clock QUads, how come the WRs ?

many places ive seen pple who cant even get their quads working with the striker extreme
You sure about that ? :rolleyes:

and for not overclocking theirs the intel extreme mobos
As in ?

Btw, consider Abit IP35 Pro and Abit IX38 QuadGT too, very nice boards.The QuadGT is a beauty, very less vdroop on it.Infact the least amongst all the boards i have tested :)
Whats more, they are much much cheaper than Asus boards. These days Asus boards cost a fortune.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I think the 780 motherboards have some heating issues... I remember reading it in some thread.. Not sure though..

amitash

Intel OCer
ok sorry maximus formula is ONE of the best boards..especially for 15k as in his budget
there are fsb holes in the nforce chipsets which prevents u from overclocking properly...many pple have trouble wid tis
im sure about the striker thing sometimes u get a "cpu init failure" with tat board
as for the intel extreme boards ter are..d5400xs,dx38BT,d975xbx2
*www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboard/extreme.htm?iid=mbd_body+dt_extreme

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
I think the 780 motherboards have some heating issues... I remember reading it in some thread.. Not sure though..
with tri sli and heavy overclocking the northbridge gets hot but XFX and EVGA have been kind enough to provide a cooler for that.and it does not take that much space to prevent installation of big CPu coolers.overall its a good board.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
If you need SLI, i would suggest waiting for 790i
780i is nothing but 680i with a chip to enable PCIe 2.0 capability.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Man the 790i will sport DDR3!
I don't know whether u are into DDR3 because as if now DDR3 costa' fortune.

I mean X38 sport DDR3 and DDR2 like Abit- X38 Quad GT is the best of all i believe and also it is PCI-E 2.0.

I don't really think that SLI would be a good choice but if still wanna go for then my suggestion is for P5N32-E SLI.
El' Cheapo and performs good enough in SLI.

Thers isn't any board which sports DDR2 and 1600FSB in nVidia chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom