Which is the best freeware Antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aQi_g

Broken In
I want to know which freeware antivirus softwares have all the features of all major security softwares like WINDOWS ONE CARE,NORTAN 360 etc?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I don't think that any freeware av would do all what a Norton suite would, but a combination of two or more would beat it easily. Eg. Avast + Zone Alarm, with far less system resources.

Nav11aug

In the zone
lywyre said:
I don't think that any freeware av would do all what a Norton suite would, but a combination of two or more would beat it easily. Eg. Avast + Zone Alarm, with far less system resources.
cool.. thz exactly what I've been using fr over an year :mrgreen:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Using Avast, Zone Alarm and Windows Defender for last few years and never had any problem. All free!

Edit:-
Forgot to mention Spybot.

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
aqeel_gsat said:
I want to know which freeware antivirus softwares have all the features of all major security softwares like WINDOWS ONE CARE,NORTAN 360 etc?
yes there is one security center which is free frm Aol which is based on mcAfee
*safety.aol.com/isc/BasicSecurity/

But best free av is Avira, detection rate close to kaspersky

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I use Avast + Spybot.I find it good enough.
I have encountered very few viruses.This combo rocks.
If you want add Comodo firewall for extra protection.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
asnvin said:
Avast is good but I switched to AVG as I was not able to update using my intenet connection.

Never had any such problem. In fact it gets itself updated more than once a day. (of course very small sized)

valtea

In the zone
I was using AVG for a long time. Recently i shifted to nod32 since AVG cannot detect pendrive virus (the ones with autorun.inf and recycled/info.exe ) even with latest update

ThinkFree

Technomancer
janitha said:
Never had any such problem. In fact it gets itself updated more than once a day. (of course very small sized)

But it didn't work for me. Whenever I tried to update it, the connection dropped after a while. No such problem with Avg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom