Which is the best Encryption software???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi Guys!

Which is the best encryption software available, doesn't matter even if its a pay software.

Say for example that I encrypt some of my confidential software and assign a password to it. Is it possible to break that password and decrypt my files with some kind of a password recovery tool.

Kindly guide...

CHAO...

puja399

In the zone
Truecrypt (Freeware, Opensource), use google to find D/L link.
Unless u give away ur pass, recovering the pass is not possible, and lost pass=lost data. It is claimed that there is no backdoor in that software and it uses military grade encryption.

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
oye go4saket... i was goin to advice u truecrypt myself. the best thing about it is real-time encryption. Earlier, I used to use the paid... Jetico BestCrypt. But now, when the same thing is free... I'ld no doubt pick out TrueCrypt.

Also.. there r many steganographic software... but I'ld suggest u stick to TrueCrypt. Trusted by many...

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Does trurcrypt support single file encryption. I guess one had to create virtual drives and stuff like that to work wth truecrypt. BTW, what do you mean by real time encrytion...

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
When u do single-file encryption or other things like that.. as in WinZip/WinRar.. what happens is everytime u give a password... the sw works on it to encrypt & decrypt(takes a lotta time to do so & that too for each file).
But TrueCrypt (& Bestcrypt) makes containers (call them drives) within which u can put data to b safeguarded like u copy/paste to a regular drive. U only need to open the container when u want it (which happens in a jiffy). Cut/copy/paste/view whatever u want... & then dismount the drive.
TrueCrypt-encrypted volumes are like normal disks. You provide the correct password (and/or keyfile) and mount (open) the TrueCrypt volume. When u work on a file in the container, TrueCrypt is actually decrypting the file spontaneously in ur RAM, called on-the-fly encryption/decryption.
It's like attaching a password protected USB drive (of whatever size v specify) to the system. Only thing.. the USB drive is actually a container-sorta file made by the specified software. Totally transparent ot any other software, meanin... u just need to mount the container with the correct password & a drive is opened which has the contents of ur container. U can directly run the concerned application u want for that given file... like media files with the media player, word files with MS Word or whatever... as u use a regular usb drive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom