Which is the best DVD playing software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I could have searched Google... But I want users who use the software to tell me... coz I can't download each and every one of them...

I currently use PowerDVD 5.0 which came with my new Samsung Combo drive...
And I think it pretty much sucks... Not easy to use at all......

So what can U guys tell ??

G

gxsaurav

I use nvdvd, works preety much flawless for me, the best thing is if your gfx card be it radeon or intel supports Hardware aceleration of MPG2 then it will work in it

however works best with geforce

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I love winDVD 6 Platinum as it supports 24Bit Audio of my sound card.
Suberb clarity with Video setting and sound unbeatable.
Ofcourse considering the range of softwares i can figure out you must surely have tried it .
Do tell what exactly you have the problem. Have you get some Sound and Video plugins that come . Coz as far as i know out the plugins basically all players work same .
But then Combile them with Sound PAcks or video Enhancements they work wonders.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
WinDvD 6 Platinum Here Too......Its Looks Are quite Similar to That Of PowerDvd But The Features are quite Bright And Its very Easy to use Player..... 8).....Dun Know If BsPlayer Plays Dvd Files Or not But If It could Then Could Also Be An Excellent Dvd Playable Tool :D

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
gxsaurav said:
I use nvdvd, works preety much flawless for me, the best thing is if your gfx card be it radeon or intel supports Hardware aceleration of MPG2 then it will work in it

however works best with geforce

But isnt it true that nvdvd will only work with nvida audio codecs ? I read this somewhere...I have it but I dont use it as I use WinDVD most of the time.

lavanjoy

Broken In
Intervideo WINDVD 6 platinum is the best.It can play even a scratched DVDs.

And Cyberlink Power DVD 6 also a good one with nice features.But it has a little bit trouble with the scratched DVDs.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
windvd 6 is the best of the best.
I have personally tested Nvdvd, powerDVD and Windvd.
Windvd works the best, uses least CPU, Hardware accelaration works perfectly. Detects 4.1-5.1-6.1-8.1 THX speaker setup. No other player does this perfectly.
real 24Khz sampling.

OP
NikhilVerma

NikhilVerma

Padawan
freshseasons said:
I love winDVD 6 Platinum as it supports 24Bit Audio of my sound card.
Suberb clarity with Video setting and sound unbeatable.
Ofcourse considering the range of softwares i can figure out you must surely have tried it .
Do tell what exactly you have the problem. Have you get some Sound and Video plugins that come . Coz as far as i know out the plugins basically all players work same .
But then Combile them with Sound PAcks or video Enhancements they work wonders.

You got me wrong ... I have ONLY tried PowerDVD 5...
And it sucks...

[Edit]

Whoa!!! It's too big 28MB... too hot for me too handle... was it in any digit/ch** CD??

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Yaaa Nikhil i think Windvd 6 is there on the digit CD or C**P but regarding weather its platinum i don't know. Moreever Demo versions are bound not to have Audio packs n all .Still you can pretty much have the video setting to play with.
Still try ur luck by doing Cd Archive on both the magazines. Will surely find that.!!!!!
Luck ! :p

OP
NikhilVerma

NikhilVerma

Padawan
One more question....

Do any of these players support Subtitle speeding or slowing ?
(Coz subtitles display painfully late whenever I play any DVD...)

Like it is present in Kaffiene in Linux?? But Kaffeine doesn't play DVD coz of some legal probs??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom