which is the best and cheap antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motobuntu

Journeyman
please suggest a good antivirus for XP, which should not burn a hole in my pocket and along with that performs decently.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
motobuntu said:
have u used it, how is it's performance, and how much nod32 will cost, any idea.

Personally I have seen Kaspersky detecting better than NOD32 and its supports also good... where as NOD32 support really sucks :(

NOD32 is Rs. 1600/- + TAX !!!

:)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
*images.amazon.com/images/G/01/software/detail-page/kaspersky-is-compare.jpg

I too use Kaspersky Internet Secuity. Its Better than NOD32 in my opinion aswell :)

I bought it from Ebay International for 12$ few months ago :)

*search.ebay.com/kaspersky_W0QQfasiZ1QQfbfmtZ1QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ34QQfsprZ0QQmaxrecordsreturnedZ300QQsabfmtsZ2QQsascsZ2QQsbrbinZtQQsbrsrtZd

IN US, people get this for free :(

*www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000U818N0/ref=nosim/slickdeals

Last edited:

sivarap

In the zone
I Have KIS... I find it a nusance.....i am not able to open rediffmail, i am not able to login to gtalk....
to login to gtalk i close KIS, login and again launch Kis

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
sandeepk said:
@Sukhdeep Singh
Where it is written that it is free in US? I think shipping is only free.
The page has changed in one day since i posted it :p

It was actually 65$ with 65$ rebate later

Buy link was

*www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000U818N0/ref=nosim/slickdeals

Rebate was
*g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/00/98/94/99/98949970._V3495140_.pdf

Full topic here
*forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=665174&highlight=kaspersky

apacheman

Journeyman
well, i jus wanted to know which one of these free antivirus is the best, in term of resource hogging, fast scan, n better detection.
AVG
Avast
Bitdefender...

well, i've used the trial version of Kaspersky Internet Suite, but frnakly speaking it interfers with the internet just too much. it makes the webpages cumbersome n makes ur browsing experience a pain in the a**. i then tried the lone Kaspersky Antivirus, which is minus the Suite, i found it much better.

anyway, the trial is over n i'm left with these 3 freeware antiviruses, help me choose one as per my conditions...
It should not be a resource hogger
should have fast scanning time
Better overall detection

n i'd also like u ppl to recommend a gud anti spyware, presently i use the Adaware n Spybot, but they r jus ok...i also used the tenebril spycatcher but that was awful.
thnx guyz...

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Try out all three AVs and see which performs the best on your system.Since all three are good at detecting viruses,it all boils down to how much resources they hog.I have tried Avast and AVG and both of them hardly made any difference to browsing,downloading and other activities.

Also Spybot is a good anti-spyware.But no one product is 100% efficient.You may have a look at these alternatives:
Spywareblaster
Spywareguard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom