which is more reliable???? ASUS or MSI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kin.vachhani

Dreaming Future
hey man both r doing good in the market.....
well it all depends what feature u want from the mother like overclocking...dual processor support...even price . If u have less budget go for msi otherwise go for asus..they r really good ones...personaly i am using msi rs480 m2il motherboard for athlon 3000+.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
I prefer ASUS mothrboards....but MSI is flooding indian markets..check out ebay.in if u dont believe me !!!

BTW, arent intel mobo's good......for intle processors?

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
I like MSI coz they are cheaper and I am using MSI KT4 mobo from last 3 yrs. Since I assemble and sell PCs, I have done sssso much R&D on this mobo. Atleast 10-15 CPU chips, many memeory sticks of different brands, many SMPSes, atleast 50 HDDs and other IDE devices eyc. Still going rock solid. Also u get higher features on MSI at lower cost.

eg. AMD 939cpu mobo
MSI K8NGM2-L mobo with onboard nVidia 6100 GPU has high definition 7.1 audio chip while the corresponding ASUS mobo A8N-VM has High definition 5.1 sound chip. Also the most important feature is that u can just buy a TV-out module from MSI and enjoy all those DIVx movies on ur TV. This feature is not in ASUS A8N-VM. More over this MSI mobo is 1K cheaper than ASUS A8N-VM.
Also I really like the utilities and the manual of MSI. They are really useful and many. The maual is more explaining than that of ASUS.
I have used and sold both mobos, but I like MSI K8NGM2 more. There are some customers who ask for ASUS only otherwise i would have sold them MSI only.

I have many times seen a query on this forum about "How to check the actual network speed of my MTNL/BSNL broadband or Cablenet?". This is where MSI ISpeeder utility helps. I have a 64kbps cablenet account. i always monitor iSpeeder and if the average speed goes below 64kbps i just call the cablewalla and he fixes it. This happens atleast once in a week. THis way I get max out of them. Not only this, but when I use DC++ or windows n/w for file sharing, where I get speed in 7-8 MBps, i can see the data tranfer rate in both, kbps and KBps. I really like this utility. I have tried many 3rd party utilities but, iSpeeder always gives correct value. The iSpeeder is so accurate because it directly monitors the motherboard chip where most 3rd party utils use windows. U don't get ne such utility with ASUS.

In ASUS mobos, if ur using the PC and for some reason there is a power failure or blackout and the PC gets switched off, then next time when the power comes back the PC starts automatically w/o pressing the power switch on the cabinate. This is something I don't like. This will continue till the time u do not properly shut down the PC.

An incident happened with me, I don't really know whether this has to do nething with the quality of MSI mobo, is like following.
I have a friend in same soc with ASUS mobo PC. Me and he get the lan wires for cablenet from the same switch, or hub. We both had similar D-Linc DFE-538TX lan cards on PCI slots. In last July, both PCs were ON and a stong lighting happened. Intantly, both PCs went OFF. But the next minute, I switched ON mine by pressing power button on cabinet and it started and everything was normal. But friends PC started too but his lan card was gone. I took his card to the service center, but they said that since the card was damaged by lighting i.e. surge in line, no warranty was applicable. So he had to buy a new one. Experts, PLZ explain this

BTW there is no difference in after sale services of both companies. They are really good.

WOW,I just saw the preview of this post, should i post this in REVIEW..... section?

OP
T

thinktwice

Broken In
hi

ashnik said:
I like MSI coz they are cheaper and I am using MSI KT4 mobo from last 3 yrs. Since I assemble and sell PCs, I have done sssso much R&D on this mobo. Atleast 10-15 CPU chips, many memeory sticks of different brands, many SMPSes, atleast 50 HDDs and other IDE devices eyc. Still going rock solid. Also u get higher features on MSI at lower cost.

eg. AMD 939cpu mobo
MSI K8NGM2-L mobo with onboard nVidia 6100 GPU has high definition 7.1 audio chip while the corresponding ASUS mobo A8N-VM has High definition 5.1 sound chip. Also the most important feature is that u can just buy a TV-out module from MSI and enjoy all those DIVx movies on ur TV. This feature is not in ASUS A8N-VM. More over this MSI mobo is 1K cheaper than ASUS A8N-VM.
Also I really like the utilities and the manual of MSI. They are really useful and many. The maual is more explaining than that of ASUS.
I have used and sold both mobos, but I like MSI K8NGM2 more. There are some customers who ask for ASUS only otherwise i would have sold them MSI only.

I have many times seen a query on this forum about "How to check the actual network speed of my MTNL/BSNL broadband or Cablenet?". This is where MSI ISpeeder utility helps. I have a 64kbps cablenet account. i always monitor iSpeeder and if the average speed goes below 64kbps i just call the cablewalla and he fixes it. This happens atleast once in a week. THis way I get max out of them. Not only this, but when I use DC++ or windows n/w for file sharing, where I get speed in 7-8 MBps, i can see the data tranfer rate in both, kbps and KBps. I really like this utility. I have tried many 3rd party utilities but, iSpeeder always gives correct value. The iSpeeder is so accurate because it directly monitors the motherboard chip where most 3rd party utils use windows. U don't get ne such utility with ASUS.

In ASUS mobos, if ur using the PC and for some reason there is a power failure or blackout and the PC gets switched off, then next time when the power comes back the PC starts automatically w/o pressing the power switch on the cabinate. This is something I don't like. This will continue till the time u do not properly shut down the PC.

An incident happened with me, I don't really know whether this has to do nething with the quality of MSI mobo, is like following.
I have a friend in same soc with ASUS mobo PC. Me and he get the lan wires for cablenet from the same switch, or hub. We both had similar D-Linc DFE-538TX lan cards on PCI slots. In last July, both PCs were ON and a stong lighting happened. Intantly, both PCs went OFF. But the next minute, I switched ON mine by pressing power button on cabinet and it started and everything was normal. But friends PC started too but his lan card was gone. I took his card to the service center, but they said that since the card was damaged by lighting i.e. surge in line, no warranty was applicable. So he had to buy a new one. Experts, PLZ explain this

BTW there is no difference in after sale services of both companies. They are really good.

WOW,I just saw the preview of this post, should i post this in REVIEW..... section?
thanks a lot ASHNIK!!!!
if suppose u hav to choose one from these two
ASUS A8N 32 SLI deluxe or MSI K8N diamond plus
which one u will choose ....think twice as both of them r full of features

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
HEY MAN
Heres one trick....
CLose ur EYES ....
N THen SELECT ASUS.....
ASUS : - BLINDLY ACCEPTED.......
Trust Me

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: hi

thanks a lot ASHNIK!!!!
[/quote]

wowow, will take atleast a day for through comparison !
As for now, i will buy MSI if it is for me, i mean w/o if i have to choose comparing.

R U GONNA BUY ONE OF THEM OR JUST WANNA BUG ME
coz i will waste many hours on it and this comparison won't be useful for me. I am never gonna buy ne SLI mobo nor I suggest one.

OP
T

thinktwice

Broken In
Re: hi

ashnik said:
thanks a lot ASHNIK!!!!

wowow, will take atleast a day for through comparison !
As for now, i will buy MSI if it is for me, i mean w/o if i have to choose comparing.

R U GONNA BUY ONE OF THEM OR JUST WANNA BUG ME
coz i will waste many hours on it and this comparison won't be useful for me. I am never gonna buy ne SLI mobo nor I suggest one.[/quote]
if suppose i wanna buy diamond plus then is it available in india!!!!

nawaz123

Broken In
I checked the site of MSI feature wise I think MSI is ahead of ASUS.

Is it true that MSI is having more features when compare to ASUS?if yes what r those??

Guide me..

Curious to know abt this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom