which is better intel 865GBF or 865PE

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Essentially PE and GBF are almost the same in features, barring one. GBF has onboard video as well as an AGP 8x slot, while the PE has got only a AGP 8x slot. GBF lacks RAID support too i think.

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
Well, the latest Intel 865 GBF boards that are coming out dont, i repear - DONT, carry a AGP slot! its a pity!

theraven

Technomancer
because pci express is gonan take a while to catch up
also right now the cards available are the x600 and the 5900's
they are gonna release the x800's and the 6800's in the near future
which again are gonna cost a lot initially
so right now runnin a 9800 pro on agp 8x is almost equal to runnin an x600 on pci express
and cheaper too
when we saw agp 8x ...its not that ppl shifted from 4x to 8x immediately
even tho agp standards were backward compatible
oci express has that one problem which hardware maufacturers are rectifing by an HSI ... and agp <=> pci express bridge
so till pci express reealllllyyyy picks up ... and it gets to the point that agp 8x is completely obsolete and out of the market ... ppl will still go for agp 8x specially for budget computers !

samsam

Right off the assembly line
blade_runner said:
Essentially PE and GBF are almost the same in features, barring one. GBF has onboard video as well as an AGP 8x slot, while the PE has got only a AGP 8x slot. GBF lacks RAID support too i think.

dont post if u dont know!

Both are completly different chipsets.

The GBF is bsaed on the 865G chipset. Its aimed at vaule users who dont want that much performance.

and the 865pe is based on 865p, the 865p chipset it very similar to the 875P chipset but intel has disabled PAT in them.. 865p is more of a performance based chipset.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
samsam said:
blade_runner said:

dont post if u dont know!

Both are completly different chipsets.

The GBF is bsaed on the 865G chipset. Its aimed at vaule users who dont want that much performance.

and the 865pe is based on 865p, the 865p chipset it very similar to the 875P chipset but intel has disabled PAT in them.. 865p is more of a performance based chipset.

So u enlightened everyone here.....good to see we have intelligent ppl in the forums !! welcome to the forums mate !! :D

samsam

TheMask said:
Well, the latest Intel 865 GBF boards that are coming out dont, i repear - DONT, carry a AGP slot! its a pity!

:lol:

you are mistaken

All the Intel 865GBF or Intel 865GBFL comes with an AGP Slot

You must have heard this about this from some dealers? They usually dont complete the sentance. All the GBF come with AGP
:lol:

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
One more thing is that although Intel has warned against it, many 865PE boards come with PAT enabled in some way or the other !

samsam

blade_runner said:
One more thing is that although Intel has warned against it, many 865PE boards come with PAT enabled in some way or the other !

yes thats very true bords from Asus, MSI based on 865pe chipset do come with PAT Enabled because its allmost the same as the 875p chipset.

But boards from intel with 865p chipset dont have PAT enabled

technomodel

Journeyman
but the 865G boards from ASUS has a feature similar to PAT. it's called 'accelerated memory mode' or something like that. INTEL is mad because of that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom