Which is better? 7600GT or 6800GS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Was just looking through the following article:

*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2717&p=1

It shows that the 7600GT SLI beats the 6800GS SLI in performance. But what about the performance for standalone versions, i.e. without SLI?

Was also confused because both fall in the same price range.

hotdogXP

Broken In
The 7600GT is ofcourse better than the 6800GS as it has all the 7 series technology and stuff.... as for the pricing the companies dont seem to reduce the price of a current card when a new card is recently launched..

even now the price of a 6800Ultra is higher than the 7800GTX....bizarre isnt it, well the price of 6800GS will go down in the coming months as the production will be stopped until then the price would remain the same. Its just a stupid market strategy, cuz they know that ppl will buy a card having superior technology and still wont reduce the price of the older cards.....

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Thanks everyone. And how much is the 7600GT priced? And what about it's availability? Is it available at Rashi Peripherals?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
availability is a problem right now as the series have just been launched but they will be widely available within next 1-2 weeks i think .. ya rashi peripherals will be stocking xfx cards so u can ask them regarding the availability n pricing.

G

gxsaurav

7600GT is better. The 6800GS doesn't support Purevideo, as it's based on NV40 core (No purevideo), it runs cooler & in a more power efficient way then 6800GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom