Which is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Hi Guys,

I am in India. I would like to buy an Internet Security Software. Can you recommend me the cheap and best one out of your experience? The Software should consume more space,I mean, the System should not become slow on using the Software.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
1st of all, wrong section

2nd, use Norton Internet Security 2007 if u have more then 512 MB RAM & want an idiot proof Internet security solution

Else use Kaspersky internet security, u will need to learn & configure it a bit, but it lighter then NIS 2007 on system resources

premsharma

In the zone
I don't think it is necessary to use any antivirus. They are all same. Norton the worst, hogs resources. If at all you want to use, use some light one like avast or bit defender and rely more on firewall [kerio etc].

Gamers can not afford to use any antivirus. After all instead of securing, it returns troubles than anything usefull.

Use some disk imaging utility like norton ghost to back up ur OS and restore as and when you feel some virus might have sneeked through ur firewall. After all restoration takes only 5-10 min.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
kumarn_2004 said:
Hi Guys,

I am in India. I would like to buy an Internet Security Software. Can you recommend me the cheap and best one out of your experience? The Software should consume more space,I mean, the System should not become slow on using the Software.
Hi,

Me too in India:D.I would definitely say Kaspersky is better than most of them out there,if you are ready to buy that is.
If you want something for free get ZA.

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
koolbluez said:
COMODO firewall, AVG Antivirus. u r safe. Both free.

Hi koolbluez,

I am using Firewall from Windows XP Home Edition(SP2). Your recommendation is COMODO firewall along with AVG. I think only one Firewall should be used on any system. So, If I attempt to use COMODO firewall, then I should leave Windows Firewall. Is it OK or what? Is COMODO firewall is better than Windows Firewall in all respects? Your opinion. Can you give me the link for COMODO firewall so that I may download it with it?

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Kaspersky is better than any other anvirus/firewal software. Moreover it's light on resource. Even cnet says it's the best as of now.

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
kumarn_2004 said:
Hi koolbluez,

I am using Firewall from Windows XP Home Edition(SP2). Your recommendation is COMODO firewall along with AVG. I think only one Firewall should be used on any system. So, If I attempt to use COMODO firewall, then I should leave Windows Firewall. Is it OK or what? Is COMODO firewall is better than Windows Firewall in all respects? Your opinion. Can you give me the link for COMODO firewall so that I may download it with it?

Hi Guys,

May I use Windows Firewall and COMODO firewall together on my System? May I disable the one I like if the above two are on my system? Any problem and what are the setting to be changed for the purpose?

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Disable Windows Firewall... it sucks.

Disable Windows Firewall in Windows XP SP2
Note A firewall is designed to help protect your computer from attack by malicious users or by malicious software. Malicious software includes viruses that use unsolicited incoming network traffic to attack your computer. Before you disable your firewall, you must disconnect your computer from all networks, including the Internet. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type Firewall.cpl, and then click OK.
2. On the General tab, click Off (not recommended), and then click OK.

Disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP or Windows XP SP1
Note A firewall is designed to help protect your computer from attack by malicious users or by malicious software. Malicious software includes viruses that use unsolicited incoming network traffic to attack your computer. Before you disable your firewall, you must disconnect your computer from all networks, including the Internet. To do this, follow these steps:
1. In Control Panel, double-click Networking and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
2. Right-click the connection on which you want to disable ICF, and then click Properties.
3. On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Protect my computer or network check box.

If u didn't get it.. here's the method with pics...
Another one

Comodo firewall link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom