Which image file??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack// ani

In the zone
Hi all,

There are so many....image format, bin/cue, iso, nrg and so on....which format is the best one.....I really don't don't prefer the bin one....beacuse there is two files...bin and cue, so it bit messy!! Which one to do like...the most??

Thanks

OP
J

jack// ani

In the zone
Fine...thanks. I've some images in Nero .nrg format....should I convert them in iso format?? UltraISO...can do so, I'm asking so as to confirm there is no data loss in conversion??

vinaypatel

Journeyman
ya ya do it there is no data lose but don't use direct converter use nero image drive insert image and wright that image using nero image writer

legolas

Padawan
bin is not messy. jus that u can use .cue to open using image viewing softwares. if u use Alcohol 120%, then shudnt hav prbs opening any format. u can convert from any image format to any other. jus insert the .nrg onto a virtual drive, then use alcohol or ultraISO to take an image of the virtual drive disc to the required format.

/legolas

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
All format can replicate the cd structure with no hitches and they are all equivalent. So inter-converting between formats will be no problem. ISO's are great in that they are supported by majority of softwares and has good compression options.
Just FYI, those two file formats would work, in most cases, without its descriptor file (the small file). In case of cue, it's just a text file whose contents can be copied off of the Internet(for most images).

OP
J

jack// ani

In the zone
Why should I ever use .bin format?? I just converted a 755MB bin image into....iso of 658MB. ISO image offers great compression.....then why make .bin images??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom