Which Hdd is the best segate or samgung...

which HDD is the best

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

samy

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys, plz help for buying a new Hdd Samsung or the Segate. I am little bit confused bcoz i suppose segate only gives one year warranty and samsung has three years of warranty. But i want the better RPM of HDD. If any body can suggest any other HDD rather than samsung or segate with better performance it will be grateful. Waiting for u r replies

busyanuj

In the zone
Seagate now gives 5 year warranty. ( i heard so, check it out )

I use both seagate and samsung.

seagate -- 5400 rpm , 17 GB purchased in 2000 (working fine till date, touchwood)
&
samsung -- 7200 rpm, 40 GB purchased this year , 2004.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
I have used both, never had any probs with any of em.......but Seagate with a 5yr warranty options seems like a gr8 deal now.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have heard from a few people that there are problems while enforcing warranty in case of Segate Hard Disks. They are not too keen in honouring their commitment. On the other hand Samsung is far better.

But all this is hearsay and I have no personal bad experience of either of the manufacturers. I have used both, but all recently purchased hard disks are Samsung.

Ankit

Journeyman
as far as the service support goes samsung is better..drive replacements are fast and so the rate of drives going bad...
seagate is presently offering 5 years warranty..so i think seagate is better option...further their drives are somewhat better than samsung

parimal

Journeyman
I'll buy WD....they have three years warranty now. Between Seagate and Samsung.....I think Seagate is far better in terms of quality and performance. Currently I have samsung HDD....but I always love my previous Seagate which I used for 4 years without any problem.

JAK

What the Heck !
I recommend Samsung..but seagate is also a good choice considering the 5 yr warranty it offers on its HDD's... :wink:

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
i got a seagate 20gb (2001) and a sansung 80 gb (2004).no probs yet.

seagate is giving 5 yrs warranty and sansung is giving 3 yrs.

i prefer samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom