which hard disk to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhatre2004

Right off the assembly line
:rolleyes: I am looking to buy a new ext storage disk. There r a no. of companies viz seagate; samsug; lacie porshe; transcend etc.Which of the product is best in terms of speed of data transfer and storage capacity upto 40/80GB? My budget is 5.5K.Please help.

Pathik

Google Bot
whoaaaaa... 5.5k...
u can easily get a 400GB seagate in that much...
btw do u want a IDE or a SATA/SATA II hdd????
eich mobo do u hv??

goobimama

 Macboy
But isn't 5.9k too much for a 100GB HDD? Or maybe its a 2.5inch drive, better suited for external use I guess...

But if portability is not "much" of an issue, it would be far better and more economical to get a maybe 300GB+ external 3.5inch HDD...

Jaas

Broken In
Mine HDD is of HITACHI 80 GB .........
It's making more noise while starting up
like it's more than the noise which the HDD
are making ??????????
can u help me out of this??

Jaas

Broken In
AFAIK seagate,hitachi,samsung are best coz i'm also having hitachi (80 gb) frm 1 year and it's more reliable but little noisy .................

premsharma

In the zone
Jaas said:
AFAIK seagate,hitachi,samsung are best coz i'm also having hitachi (80 gb) frm 1 year and it's more reliable but little noisy .................

Samsung Sucks, Should avoid. Western Digital can be said to be nearly best amongst.

sakumar79

Technomancer
I recently got a Seagate 250GB Hard Disk (internal type) with an external casing for a total of 4.7k... Perhaps this may be a better option...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom