2. GeForce 6800 GT
3. GeForce FX 5950 ULTRA
4. ATI Radeon X800 XT
5. ATI Radeon 9800XT

and also tell which make?
Plz help me out.............

parimal

Journeyman
Buy GeForce 6800 Ultra or Radeon X800XT...both are good. If you are planning to buy nVidia based card the go for Gainward or MSI. Also Hercules makes good Radeons. But if you ask me...I'll buy Radeon X800XT made by Hercules or sapphire.

G

gxsaurav

They are useless, if U want full COMPATIBILITY with whatever U want to run, then get a 6800 GT with 256 MB GDDR3 RAM, I sure U , U will never need anything else untill 2006 end

parimal

Journeyman
Ya....this is true....Radeons has compatibility problems....but ATi is constantly releasing good quality drivers these days.....the compatibility of these drivers is history now. I agree GeForce 6800 GT is good card. I'm owning GeForce FX 5700 made by MSI....and I'm absolutely happy with mine.

theraven

Technomancer
and i reccomend asus whichever one u pick
they rock again
go in for the 6800 .. as of now its still ahead of the x800

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
There are rumuors that Asus has fumbled again with Nvidia 6800 series. Ther arent finding favour among consumers. This however is unconfirmed. As of now only XFX has the 6800ultra and GT available in India. Not sure if any other vendor has introduced the Nvidia 6 series in India.

G

gxsaurav

blade_runner said:
There are rumuors that Asus has fumbled again with Nvidia 6800 series. Ther arent finding favour among consumers. This however is unconfirmed. As of now only XFX has the 6800ultra and GT available in India. Not sure if any other vendor has introduced the Nvidia 6 series in India.

Not quite True, Gigabyte PCI-E cards are also available

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
gxsaurav said:
blade_runner said:

Not quite True, Gigabyte PCI-E cards are also available

Who mentioned nethng abt PCI-E cards ??

@bhalchandra:
GEFORCE FX 6800 ULTRA 256MB 33750.00
GEFORCE FX 6800 GT 25750.00

Got these today itself. These are XFX prices. If u want ATi prices u will have to wait till 1st of Sept since there is going to be a revision in prices.

rakesh_1024

Journeyman
Well, I heard from a Hardware Reviewer that X800 could have easily out performed the Nvidia 6800 series.
But Nvidia guys sacrificed image quality for performance.
So U might get a few fps more with the 6800, but the picture quality is poorer when compared to X800 series as ATI never sacrifices picture quality.

nikhilesh

Journeyman
nooooooo..... the 6800 is far better ,its even future proof,i dont think that information is correct rakesh,even if it is the difference will be abt 1%.its not visiable anyway.the 6800 supports shader model 3.0 too.......

rakesh_1024

Journeyman
He said that if we keep the monitors of PCs(one with Nvidia 6800ultra and the other with X800XT), then the difference can b clearly seen.

rakesh_1024

Journeyman
One more thing, as far as I know the performance of a card never considered the image quality seriously. Fps, lags and distortions are the ones which are taken seriously.

quad master

In the zone
Well my suggestion

Both are 256 MB

1.> Gainward 6800 Ultra - Golden Sample Edition
More Info:- *www.gainwardusa.com/products/vga_2600dt.htm

2.> Gainward 6800 GT - Golden Sample Edition
More Info:- *www.gainwardusa.com/products/vga_2400dt.htm

theraven

Technomancer
how can the performance of a card not include image quality??
anyways acc to a certain mag this month .. the 6800 is a clear winner for now
doesnt matter anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom