Which graphic card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been with this nvidia Gforce FX5200 for along time now. Technologically, it has decomposed in its grave. The last recent game i played on it was GTA:SA.

Planning to but a new one. Have approx Rs. 9000/-

Which nvidia graphic card should i gor for ? Rather whch is the best one I can buy with Rs 9000/- ?

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@vivek man his budget is 9k so will u plz tell us how it will b possible for him to get 2 6800GT which costs around 20k.
@Tommy Vercetti pal for ur budget 6600GT is the best u can get for 9k u can go for either of these companies-LEADTEK,XFX,BIG.

OP
T

Tommy Vercetti

Broken In
Is 6600GT a good enuf card ? Or is it nearing death. Will I be able to play Quake4, FEAR, COD2, Matrix etc comforatably ?

My Pc config :

P4 1.7Ghz
1GB Ram

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Dude consider upgrading your CPU...1.7ghz of a p4 is no where to play games. The 6600 GT is an amazing gfx card, but you won't get the best of it with a slower CPU...i mean the games just doesn't completely rely on the gfx card, some processes are done using the CPU also...so even if u buy 6600 GT and use it with P4 1.7Ghz system, you'll feel the lag in games...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
get the leadtek 6600gt 128mb ddr3 extreme card .. its the best 6600gt out there !! it comes factory overclcoked and is priced around 9-10k now. and i hope u r looking for a pci-express card .. since u r on a 1.7 ghz procc i jst thought u might be having an agp wala board. agp versions are expensive and rare to find.

OP
T

Tommy Vercetti

Broken In
Well i have the 845 MOBO but plan to get an upgrade(915 with 3Ghz CPU) in 2-3 months.

SO, i will have to go for the AGP version. But my question is will I be able to use this AGP card on 915 ? I hope I dont have to throw it. Or rather i would wait till I upgrade my PC.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
yea better wait for 2-3 months as 915 chipset hav PCIE not agp so it will b a kinda waste of money.few companies like asrock hav AGP in der 915 chipset but than these companies wont giv u good performance.so better wait and get chipset from asus,msi,gigabyte etc etc with pcie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom