Which Game Do You Think Is Strategically The Best!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

capricorn9946

Right off the assembly line
I have played lots of FPS and Strategy oriented games to me the best game i felt was Rainbow Six 3:RavenShield
Please share your view with me. :D

pallavnawani

Broken In
Best strategy game depends on how you look at it. I think that the original starcraft is perhaps the best strategy game ever. The three sides in starcraft are remarkably different, yet almost equal (Zerg are the strongest perhaps). Command & Conquer has also been a great series, and the C&C Red Alert 2 was a great RTS.

Warcraft 1 & 2 were good games, but Warcraft 3 was, well, boring (Just my opinion, your opinion may vary).

If you like turn based strategy games, then Age of Wonders is perhaps the best, with Civilisation a close second.

I am sure you know that in most of the RTSes, the AI cheats, that is, the AI may not have some restrictions which the human player may have. However, Freeciv is a turn based (freeware) strategy game, where the AI does not cheat - and still does a great job. There is also one more Fantasy turn based RTS available - Battle for wesnoth.

Head over to *www.happypenguin.org and download both Freeciv and Battle For Wesnoth. They are free, and really good games.

Pallav

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Hmmmm......

I see u have forgot to mention the ever so popular total war series.
And dont limit urselves to only rts . try tbs games like rome:total war(hybrid) or civ III

geek_rohit

In the zone
Ahhh....Hearing the word strategy brings the AOE series in the mind. In fact Strategy is my fav game genre besides racing. I havn't seen any better game than the AOE and RON. These games rocks. All the game's departments, whether gameplay, sound effects, graphics are all the best. Seen the screen shots of AOE 3 and man they look awesome. Waiting for the game.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
When it comes to traditional RTS, StarCraft and the Brood War expansion rules, definitely. When it comes to non-traditional RTS, the Homeworld series is plain awesome. When it comes to strategy and teamplay in military style FPS, its gotta be Rainbow Six 3, in normal FPS, the ONS mode in UT2004 requires the most strategy and teamplay.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Nothing compares with AOE series , especially the Conquerors Exapnsion pack. Also do you guyz remember Caesar III ? It was also a nice game.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
So no one plays tbs.....i see
Anyway ron:thrones and patriots is certainly the best traditional rts due to the addition of the cool campaifgns

DKant

In the zone
Well if ur talking abt 'strategy oriented' games, it's gotta be Deus Ex for me (though it wasn't marketed as a "strategy oriented" game or nething close to that). Hell lotsa tactics u can employ there..stuff prbbly even the developers didn't think abt! :D

rbk

Broken In
Re: Which Game Do You Think Is Strategically The Best!!!!!!!

Even CS (if played with the right crowd)
Come over to our college LAN sometime and you'll what CS stategy is all about when you see a bunch of low skill gamers kicking AWPer butt.

Satissh S

Youngling
I feel Age of empires ,Kings and conquerors.
And the fifth scenario in the barbarossa capaign still challenges me. I don't tink rise of nations is a pure strategy because it's too much automated ie it prompts u to create a caravan aftr you build two cities etc., That's unfair!

ratzee199

Journeyman
best strategy games

rome total war, aoe series specially THE CONQUEROR'S EXPANSION, black & white also.waitin 4 AOE 3 eagerly.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Ahhh...one who likes Black and White. I personally think it's an RTS with one of the most amazing concept!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom