Which Format???

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmoody

Broken In
hey friendzz...
i captured some video with my webcam (perx) ...the captured video took gigs of sapce for 10min!!!!
i hav no idea that what has happened .the software that i used was amcap(for capturing).
and whenever i open the captured file it always starts with "open with"dialog box.I hav tried to allot a software for playing that video using properties..but there is no icon named "change" in its properties.Is there neway i can find the format of the video so that i can convert it.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
madmoody said:
hey friendzz...
i captured some video with my webcam (perx) ...the captured video took gigs of sapce for 10min!!!!
i hav no idea that what has happened .the software that i used was amcap(for capturing).
and whenever i open the captured file it always starts with "open with"dialog box.I hav tried to allot a software for playing that video using properties..but there is no icon named "change" in its properties.Is there neway i can find the format of the video so that i can convert it.

its uncompressed one ....compress this video

shaunak

Tux Fan
Identification:
>tell us the extention or use:
>DROID

Playing software:
Vlc media player
Plays anything. Almost anything

Convertion software:
Virtualdub
Converts almost everything.
---------------------------------------

Recomended coversion settings:

1150 kbit/sec MPEG-1
or 720x576 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio MPEG-2
352 x 288 pixels
25 frames/second
44100 Hz
224 kbit/sec MPEG-1 Layer2

Kniwor

Learner
madmoody said:
this is probably because the filename has no extension. so find out what vid it is and give appropriate extension, you can give any extension for time being.

47shailesh

Security Exp
acording to *noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=video
AMCap needs directX to be installed and Microsoft DirectShow to play
video recording have format MPEG-2

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Download DivX suite from www.divx.com.
You can either try the 15 days DivX pro version or use the free version.
It includes a very simple drag and convert convertor which will encode your video to DivX, a highly compressed format.

OP
M

madmoody

Broken In
ALSILADKA i tried DIVX converter.....the first problem is that input file must be an video format which is not the case here since it is not recognized by the converter...for the time being i just renamed the files with ".avi" extension...i converted the file than to divx but what i get is the video just fast forwarding>>>>>>plz..help me out

Nav11aug

In the zone
47shailesh said:
acording to *noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=video
AMCap needs directX to be installed and Microsoft DirectShow to play
video recording have format MPEG-2

did you try that!?

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Try to give it any extension and play with VLC or Windows Media Player With ACE Mega Codec Pack or K-Lite Mega Codec Pack installed. Should Play Anything...

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Please download and install GSpot from here
*www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/gspot.cfm

Open the software after installing it, and browse to your saved file. Please post the audio and video details here, I will reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom