which fone to buy after N95 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
hey guys at present i'm using a N95 8GB for the past 4 months and now i wanna try somethin different (read i'm tired of using s60 for more than 2yrs starting frm 6630,5500,N73ME & N95 8GB).so selling off the N95 8GB for 21k.

now i wanna try somethin diff.my choice r (not in order of preference):
1>LG Viewty (love the looks,touch screen and MF)
2>Samsung SGH-G800 (3x optical zoom)
3>W80i (only if it had a black color:( )
4>P1i (can buy this only if it has EDGE)
5>ROKR E6 (prefer this cuz it has Linux and is highly moddable,touch screen)
6>5310 Xpress Music
8>5610 Xpress music
9>7900 Prism
10>u guys suggest from here on.:)

My main reqs (in order of preference):
1>high speed internet (N95 8GB has EDGE Class 32 and i get practical DL speeds of 35-40kBps max and 25-28kBps avg at night)so new fone sud meet this criteria.
2>ability to multitask (sud be able to do 2 or more things at a time.N95 8GB does some heavy multitasking)
3>display quality sud be good,so sud be the audio.
4>a good cam sud be an added bonus
5>last but not the least touch screen.

hope i aint demanding much.:)

gopz

In the zone
Re: whihc fone to buy after N95 8GB

Why not try the Windows based smartphones from ASUS? They have a good scheme now, free GPS for lifetime! The phone has got an in built GPS receiver. Dont remember the model number though.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

w960 would have been your best bet..but it doesnt have edge..so bunk..

i guess the viewty should do just as well..but lg doesnt have too good a service..and my friend had a viewty returned coz the touch screen stopped functioning...not too much into lg....wait for the nokia n96 or the SE p5i(5 mp+vga screen)..

acewin

Point Blanc

LG viewty all out. very good video recording and very good camera and best thing its touch screen mobile.

gopz

In the zone

Asus aint available here.

Hey which City are you from? ASUS is available with bill & official warranty here in Bangalore...you can check out eZone (if you are in Bangalore or have anyone who can buy it for you in Bangalore)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

if u want to try out asus..u can also go for i-mobile 902..it has a ccd lens cam and is the best cam phone available..brilliant pics..but crappily built..

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!

why not samsung f500
*img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/samsung/samsung-f500-00.jpg​

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

i'm a bit inclined 2wards the ROKR E6 cuz it runs Linux so its highly moddable and it has touch screen.
nybody has any idea bout its sound quality?
also heard that Viewty has gr8 sound quality,is it true?

Pathik

Google Bot

Actually any fone you take now ll pale before the n95 8gb. So just hold for some time.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=

Go for the iPhone. It will offer you a better internet experience than the N95 and the SQ is better as well.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

moto rokr e6 does not support edge , it has to be unlocked which voids warranty , otherwise it is a very good phone . but your best option is lg Viewty , one of my relative had it and it is just awesome if you want full fledged multimedia phone.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

^^ bro why sud i buy a N82 when i'm selling my N95 8GB for the sole reason that i'm done using s60 OS??

now guys help me decide on this.i'll hafta choose bet :
1>LG Viewty
2>Samsung SGH-G800
3>ROKR E6

budget is 21k and up.dont suggest iPhone cuz it has lot of drawbacks + no warranty in India.suggest me somethin that i'll enjoy using after using N95 8GB & not somethin that i wud regret buying.selling the N95 8GB on Tuesday.so i'll hafta decide b4 that.

Viewty users :
hows the cam quality?is it equivalent of N95 8GB?wat bout audio quality?heard music player has no EQ?

shoot me a link whihc has cam comparison bet N95 8GB,G800/G600,K850i,L Viewty.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!

out of those three buy viewty. heres the link
*www.gsmarena.com/grand_five_megapixel_shootout-review-206.php

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

i'm also a bit inclined 2wards Viewty.
common Viewty users gimme ur feedback....

i need to know i thing bout Viewty:
i can use my N95 8GB's browser to browse all sites on the net.i can download files from forums and other sites.shall i be able to do it with the Viewty's browser.

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

One question: Do you have to sell your N95? Just buy another cheap phone (like say SE W810i or Nokia 5310) and give your N95 some rest. Use the other phone for a while. After some time switch back to N95. Seriously dude, you won't get a better phone than that. People would give an arm and a leg for that phone and you're selling it? I think you should rethink your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom