Which file share softie is the best. I have kazaa242

Which is the best file sharing or P2P software

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I have kazaa in my system, but how do i search for key words, is there a site to locate the words or what can be searched on.

Please recommend me the best software for file sharing, P2p, faster , more searches. I hope its kazaaa....

Also I've a P-133mhz, will it work on it

Please provide me the link to download that software if any.....

swatkat

Technomancer
i use Shareaza, it's great.....but BitTorrent is nowadays gaining momentum and it's much faster than any other....u can use eXeem which is based on BitTorrent....
*www.shareaza.com/
*www.exeem.com/
*www.bittorrent.com/

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Wht abt kazaa? Isnt it gud enuf?

Why did u suggest others, is it because it has lot of searches,faster,spy free.......

Let me know

Tks

:D

swatkat

Technomancer
yeah, Shareaza and eXeem r spyware-free p2p clients...
Shareaza is completely free, whereas eXeem is Ad supported....
u might be knowing that kazaa is (in)famous for Spywares.....
Also, Shareaza uses Gnutella and eDonkey, which r widely used....
eXeem uses BitTorrent and Torrents r known for their speed.....

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
So then i shud take off kazaa.......

Whic is the most recommended 1 in order of priority for many searches, faster download, free spyware ,etc of the 3 softies u've given me...

Will it work on my system - 64mb,P-133mhz?

goobimama

 Macboy
I use Ares. it gives me safe and proper downloads with the fastest speed. (3.17 KBps), but that is on my 33kbps dial up.....

--------------
*www.rollaword.com/firefoxsig.jpg

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
achacko@dataone.in said:
Wht abt kazaa? Isnt it gud enuf?

Why did u suggest others, is it because it has lot of searches,faster,spy free.......

Let me know

Tks

dude kazaa media desktop version is full of spywares.....Kazaa lite on the other hand is the best for me :wink: its good for dowloadin single songs,some movies and yea softwares too(most contain viruses :evil:)

but now voilllaaaa why to worry When Bit torrent is here....the best all rounder for all....get full albums....best DVD rips.....Games....softwares...its allmost like everything :D :D 8)

So BT and Kazaa Lite From My Side :wink:

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
achacko@dataone.in said:
I have kazaa in my system,

DONT ever use Kazaa.. tis the worst spyware..

Dono how u left out Azureus.. its a close competitor to Shareaza.. Bittorent is good, but it uses a diff technology..

Warez P2P, wlel the anme sounds very attractive, but has any1 used it? how is it?

Sourabh

Laptoping
wht OS do u use on the 133 mhz system ??

win 3.11 ? :mrgreen:

hope u have some ram up ur sleeves for all these proggies

atool

Journeyman
goobimama said:
I use Ares. it gives me safe and proper downloads with the fastest speed. (3.17 KBps), but that is on my 33kbps dial up.....

areslite is good..i use areslite and bearshare

mario_pant

In the zone
eXeem 0.21 JUST WONT START.... i've got no NAT eXeem is on the win xp firewall allow list!!!!
but still JUST WONT CONNECT!!!!!!! NO FUN!!!!

goobimama

 Macboy
WareZ P2P and Ares is almost the same (same network, look, feel, stuff like that). The only difference is that Warez has some advertising thing. That is, every few minutes, an IE window pops up taking you to some site. Its painful. Leave the computer on during the night and you have about 200 IE windows open...

Ares is much better than warez

--------------
*www.rollaword.com/firefoxsig.jpg

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
I have Win98 Se on my system. Finally i'd guess Shareaza is the best since most of u'all use it....

Tks. :lol:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I will always vote for Bittorrent. Use Bitcomet or Azureus client for using the bittorrent network. Both have a great initutive GUI.

eXeem(by the creators of supernova) is trying to improve upon the esxisting BT(bittorrent) netwrok by providing rating and commnets facility on the downloads so that you dont download a virus that has been relased into the BT network under a psuedoname.

But the biggest drawback of eXeem is that it uses adware, and that too by Cydoor, which is also used by Kaaza! There is a reverse engineered ad-less version of eXeem known as eXeem Lite but lately eXeem has started blocking it.

In the end my vote will go for Bitcomet because I get download speeds of 25kBps on it! Currently downloading the whole "Band of Brothers" series. 5 eps done, 5 more to go! Wooohoooo! :)

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
I get this error when i installed shareaza.

Skinscansks.dll, unable to register.. The dll/ocx load library failed code 1156.

Ignore, Abort, Skip

What shud be done.

I did the ignore button

:?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I was using K++ Lite before a port restriction closed down my ability to use it any further. Currently I find myself switching between Gnutella/LimeWire, BT and the eDonkey networks. Seems like the stuff I used to find so easily on the FastTrack network takes me three networks and a lot more time/users/seeds for the same file. Crying shame. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom