Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I was on da look-out of a good email service provider. Hotmail sux! It can be hacked very easily!
Temme some bout some gud email service providers - free or paid- no problemo, the d billing must b in INR.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I feel the best way to have a good email for professional/business purposes is to have your own domain and hsot it somewhere. Later you can even have your site. At present there are a few such services like Rediffmail Pro and Indiatimes Meramail. But none of them is too reliable.

I would prefer to register a domain name on my own using my own credit card. So that I control the domain name. Then pay for some basic hosting and use POP3 mails.

If you want free ones, there are loads of options. The recent rage being Gmail. It is free, provides POP3. But I am not sure that it will remain free and that too with POP3. BTW, if you have an always-on net connection, POP3 may not matter to you in terms of cost. But still its the most convenient way.

Other free POP3 service providers are *www.softhome.net, *www.hotpop.com, *www.yahoo.com (with the help of yahoopops form *yahoopops.sourceforge.net)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
man, hotmail is hackable and it suxs, but not
GMAIL.

IT ROCKS. u need to get a invite to have gmail, but!

drgrudge

futuristically_ancient said:
drgrudge, make up ur mind. Does gmail rock? or does it suck?
no, i had spelling mistake!
gmail rocks!
jus use and see for yourself!
it also is pop3 supported.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Sincerely i had recommend yahoo too. Its the best of all world. First a good control on spamming. Then really dependable ( Gmail had its server down a few days ago ). Not bloated at all ..so everything you have works...and it does have pretty good features.
And the reason i had love to have yahoo account is oeace of mind . i dont need 1 GB or more space . 200Mb is more than enough is mail service can just as enough block the spam.

vysakh

Padawan
GMAIL will help u a lot
its really really fast
and provides 1000MB which is enough for personal and official matters

drgrudge

nipun_the_gr8 said:
Wat 'bout Rediffmail ??
it is the worst of the 1 gb pack.....

and @ futuristically_ancient , see this thread abt gmail , which i started... , u would know...

and see wht ever it may be, purchase a domain , that is the best.... and next to it comes GMAIL.

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
Hotmail sux! It can be hacked very easily!
drgrudge said:
man, hotmail is hackable

since "hacking", as in a procedure is not allowed to be discussed here, can one of you guys atleast point out the loophole in hotmail.
maybe hotmail's cons could be low space but i bet its got a real good spam control system . i mean, since bill said that he was gonna do something about spam , AND HE HAS done something which has reduced the spam in my hotmail box from over 150 mails per day to 2/3 per week!

imprince

Journeyman
I THINK DON'T MAKE EARLY STEP 4 gmail ..BCOZ IT HAS SOME PROBLEM MAN .... LOGIN PROBLEM AND SOME OTHER PROBLEMS..... ACCORDING TO MR yahoo IS the best AT THE MOMENT MY DEAR ........ :!: :wink:

sarincv

Journeyman
Spymac is the best. I did'nt tried Gmail becoz subsription is over.
Spymac offers 1GB and pop3 services. It can be accessed by email clients like outlook, operamail..

H

h4ck3r

Yahoo is good..

My recommendations goto yahoo.
Gmail sux becoz there are only limited a/c and there is no consistency in the gmail server ...

tuxfan

Technomancer
WHICH IS THE BEST EMAIL (PAID PREFFERRED) WHICH I CAN USE FOR BUSINESS AS WELL AS PERSONAL PURPOSES.
As I told you earlier, book your own domain, pay for hosting and enjoy the freedom of having multiple ids at the same domain with POP3 as well as webmail. I can get you one such account for about Rs. 750 a year. Or contact some other hosting service provider for email packages with your own domain. But in my opinion, stay away from Rediffmail Pro and Indiatimes Meramail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom