Which DVD-Writer To Buy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone....

I want to buy a DVD-Writer within the next few days. Can you guys please suggest which DVD-Writer is the best one to buy... i have heard that Sony DRU 810-A is good.... but what about ASUS... are their DVD-Writer's good?? Please Help.... I Need It Quick!!!!!

Andyiz

Journeyman
Re: Which DVD-Writer To Buy...........

Go for Sony Dru 810 A
Or else Go for Benq 1655
Asus COstly And Performancewise all the 3 Are Equal

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Re: Which DVD-Writer To Buy...........

I think Sony 810A and Benq 1650 are same except the firmware. Sony may cost a little more like Rs.100 or so. But you are likely to get better support with Sony. Sony 810A works fine with me even writing flawlessly with different cheap media and almost never giving any read problem

Last edited:

busyanuj

In the zone
sony 810 and benq 1650 are both good. litescribe enabled drives make sense only if you want etched dvds in the near future.

personally, i wouldn't recommend asus as my friend's asus drive has been giving him problems.

reddragon

In the zone
actually problem for samsung optical drives is the bad drive-tray , otherwise it is ok ( I am not saying superb ) i feel .I had samsung's cd-reader previoously it's only problem was the tray ...

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
YEAH......
There is HELL lot of tray probs in Samsung
Stay away from them if you can....

And go for SONY / LITEON
Both are reliable and give top notch performance !!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
reddragon said:
actually problem for samsung optical drives is the bad drive-tray , otherwise it is ok ( I am not saying superb ) i feel .I had samsung's cd-reader previoously it's only problem was the tray ...

Most of us know that Samsung has tray problems. And it has been like that for long. Knowing that, why should anybody buy it?

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Go for Sony DRU 810A .It's the best.
I'm using for the past year and half , no problems
at all. Don't buy SamSung , it sucks.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Oh, and Sony 810 = BenQ 1640 (old drive now, 1650 is better)
and Sony 820 = BenQ 1670 (Bad drive, not phillips chipset)

Sony just rebrands BenQ and lite-on drives, doesnt manufacture.

@Janitha - 810 isnt 1650, its 1640.

hsnayvid

Journeyman
if possible go for a benq 1650.
for lightscribe go for benq 1655.

but the lightsribe tech is too expensive and unavailable!

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Of all the writers that I have come across, Liteon is the best. Also digit has given a thumbs up to liteon... A very cost effective and gr8 performer... LG is also gud (though not as gud as liteon). Sony is a definite NO NO for me

anispace

dattebayo
yeah whatz the use of lightscribe? The media is so rare and damn expensive.
I have 3 lightscribe CD-Rs (got with my PC) which i still havnt used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom