Which DVD-ROM..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

parimal

Journeyman
I'm looking for a DVD-ROM but confused about the brand. Which brands are good?? I'm thinking of LiteOn, Sony and LG. Please suggest me good DVD-ROM between these...!!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I think liteon DVD rom is good that u can get. If you looking for a short term investment, then go for Samsung as it gives performance with scratched disk as well.

Plz search before you start a thread.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20620&highlight=dvd+rom
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17833&highlight=dvd+rom

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
OOh well for the DVD ROM, u can close ur eyes and go for SONY brand as they r really good with a great price to performance ratio too.. (as always different ppl will hv different opinion :wink: )

U can go for a SONY DVD ROM, model-DDU-1622 or DDU-1621. Price Rs.1800 +/- Rs.150 (depending on ur location) :):)

I hv been using SONY DVD ROM (model-DDU 1622) for quite sum time now and the good thing abt them is they dont giv u tray problems in future as in Samsung ones and the tray operation is also smooth as compared to Samsung drives.. COz i even hv Samsung Drives at my PC so know the difference between them really well.... :wink:

cheers n peace.....

Biplav

In the zone
Sony Dvd is good.
LG is good too and comes at a bit lesser price.
Considering the performance my Lg drive copies files faster than sony. i copied 650MB around video file in 1min 58 secs flat.
my samsung drive used to take more than 3 mins to do the same.

but plz make a search before u start. that helps is saving "VALUABLE "space. The same questions and the same answers !.
and y on earth is this is hardware section?????reporting....................

mohit

The Hardware Labs
go for sony ... i am using a sony dvd-rw and sony combo drive ... both are good and i have not faced any probs till now (touchwood) . avoid lg/samsung.

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
Is NEC ND-3520A DVD burner available in India. If I can get it from US, is it worth?? What about regional lock on the burner?? Can I use this burner over here in India??

PRICES FOR LITEON AND SONY DVD-ROMs PLZZZ....!!

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
Anybody purchased a LiteOn DVD-ROM recently?? I would like to know the model number. There are two models namely SOHD-16P9S and SOHD-167T. And the thing is that 167T seems better option..!! Which one is available in Mumbai right now?? AND WHAT'S THE PRICE FOR THAT??

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
Huh....!! LiteOn SOHD-16P9S is the only available model in Mumbai and it's for Rs. 1400 here...!! Confused again....

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
We still get Pioneer DVD-ROM in India? I guess they have discontinued the same and only DVD-RW is available..!!

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
Anyone knows who is the OEM of the Sony DDU-1622?? I think the DDU-1613 was just LiteOn SOHD-167T. But can't find the same here in Mumbai. I'm not getting information of OEM of DDU-1622, which is currently selling in the market. People are saying DDU-1621 was pathetic and it was made by BTC. But plz let me know some more about DDU-1622.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Pioneer is available in delhi...

try to get it in mumbai .... its the best you can buy!!

*img69.echo.cx/img69/10/ccdp16dvds4wr.th.gif

I hav one ... it gives no problem....it reads all the cds...

morever it has no tray to kharab kya hoga

Go for Pioneer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom