Which DigiPic software is better?

Which image manipulation software is best?

• Coreldraw (all versions)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GIMP (Windows & GNU/Linux)

• OpenOffice Draw (Windows & GNU/Linux)

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I am a zero when it comes to image manipulation. I want to change this by learning at least one software. :) Please tell me which one is better and why. I will not be a power user, but would like to manipulate and improve picutres that I click with my DigiCam.

Thanks.

PS: Sorry if this has already been discussed earlier. At least, I couldn't find it. So point me to the right thread.

Deathdart

Broken In
Corel Photopaint 12 (Part of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12) is a great imaging software. Most people don't ever try to use it so they don't know how easy to use and powerful it is.

Anyway, see my website and portfolio if you would like to see somethings made completely in Corel. Also see *deathdart.deviantart.com

G

gxsaurav

Corel Photo Paint is powerful, bu not as good as Photoshop CS, specially when it comes to plugins, & importing Vector from Illustrator

U are better off to start with ACDSee 7 Powerpack, it comes with Photoslate which is really good for beginers, start by playing with it, then move to Photoshop CS

Or is possible use Paintshop Pro, dam easy for beginers

sms_solver

In the zone
Photoshop, CorelDraw (incld. PhotoPaint) is what one need for creating any type of graphics.

I've found that PS users do not use Corel Draw and CD users do not use Photoshop.

If one can use both, then u can be very productive

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I use photoshop so i will suggest photoshop, but my cousin who is n professional artist recommends me to use corel(must be better, but i still prefer photoshop as i am used to it).

technoteen

Journeyman
i use gimp and really like it
the advantage is its free and more tools available for it than photoshop

its not as eyecandy as photoshop and is a little bit tough to use but you can always give it a try

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
I thank you all for your opinion. I came with this question because Digit has extensively given Photoshop tools in their recent books on Digital Photography and one very efficient commvercial artist I know swears by Corel. So that confused me further. :(

As for GIMP, I would love to use it because it is platform independant. But if its not as efficient as Photoshop or Corel, then I would be a loser.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
to add to the confusion , try ulead photoimpact . ulead has a couple of other neat packages for 3d , video and dvd too . photoimpact is simple and user friendly , so u could start with it too for basic stuff . wonder mags stopped giving newer versions of it though , really neat piece of s/w

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Adobe Photoshop (All above 5.0) ROCKZZZ
Simply because all the features that you get with it !!!
AMAZING !!! :wink:

goobimama

 Macboy
Who are you'll kidding? Photoshop is the ultimate. must say that Corel is also quite good, if PS wasn't existent, corel would be it. Gimp, well, gimp is too not-goodlooking. Till there is some method by which those guys at adobe stop me from getting a pirated copy of PS, I will use it...

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i like the GIMP coz it's free and fairly powerful...i mean it's free after all so dont expect much...but it does a lot 4 a free software....otherwise, photoshop is definitely the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom