Which desktop search tool is the best?

Which is the best Desktop searxch tool?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hafees

In the zone
*www.webpronews.com/insiderreports/searchinsider/wpn-49-20050504WhichDesktopSearchToolIsTheBest.html

click on the above link and u ll find that Google is at 5th position. But how do u rate? Pls vote

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
i use BlinkX, chip rated it the best, d/l from here

I tried only google b4 but it cud be used by the user who installed it, i used and old version, dont know if this was rectified in newer versions.

OP
hafees

hafees

In the zone
google desktop search is really inferior to copernic but in features rather than performance. copernic has the ability to search with in pdf files, indexing size is smaller (500 MB vs 150 MB in my case), search in many categories etc.

digen

Youngling
Yeah Locate32 is the one I use too.Never had the need to look for anything more.Light & fast.
Thanks aadi for letting me know about this earlier.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
AvaFind Professional is the best one......... Low on system and quick on searching.................... It indexes in Real-Time and not like Yahoo in every 30 mins and so............... But it is not free......

I'm using Yahoo at the moment....

Satissh S

Youngling
well actually! I installed yahoo! ,google and msn desktop search and compared the results , the results seem to be exactly the same and all these consume a lot of system resources and if u use them with an antivirus or something like that the pc could well become a bottle neck. I think windows search itself is pretty good and there are a lot of hidden shortcuts that can be used to search fast! almost faster than any other search! but i guess we wud hav to index first. Correct me if im wrong!

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
no one for me .. everything on my disc is organised in a nice way ... never had the urge to use any of them ..
in cse i do need to search .. XP's inbuilt search does the job!

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
grinning_devil said:
no one for me .. everything on my disc is organised in a nice way ... never had the urge to use any of them ..
in cse i do need to search .. XP's inbuilt search does the job!

Really man??
How do you manage that??
I have all my data here and there and always needed a desktop search engine...............

cyberia.in

In the zone
same with me, my stuff's organsied. used to to bad coupla years ago.

anyway, i'd recommend copernic or x1, since they're well tried and tested, especially copernic

sahil_blues

In the zone
i have tried copernic, google, msn, yahoo....found copernic to be the best....msn is also quite good but it takes more system resources....

Ringwraith

Journeyman
do all these softwares index/hash ur filelist every time?
I personally use something called "Agent Ransack"....i find it pretty fast compared to windows default search!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom