Which Config Is Better????

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AmbarD

Hey guys,
I hope this isnt the wrong section
i wanted to ask that which of these configs wud run FEAR,ES IV Oblivion,GTA SA,NFS MW better without ne overclocking
1. Conroe E6300 with a Decent 965 Motherboard with decent 2GB DDR2 Ram
and with XFX 7600GS
2.AMD Athlon X2 3800+ with ASUS A8NE with 2GB DDR RAM and a LEADTEK WINFAST 7600GT
which is better as i think both of these configs wud fall in the same price range

Cheers!!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Conroe is the best !!!!
And almost by 15% than Athlon FX Series.
Also the L2 Cache handling is far better than the Athlon ones as Conroe Shares 4 Mb cache intelligently meaning while one core is using 1mb cache is almost has 3 mb cache spare for the other core to handle.
In gaming and multimedia everything conroe tops Athlon in all the tests....

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Both will just about be able to run the games but not at max settings.

The latter will be better. PERIOD

The 7600GT crushes the hell out of the 7600GS. No C2D will help you there and atleast not an entry level one without an overclock. What ever you do in fact, you can't replace the GPU by much of a margin.

7600GT will be better. PERIOD

AMD 64 3000 @ 2.4GHz or higher + 7900GT > all the options you suggested.

OP
A

AmbarD

so what shud i get in my 50K budget??
i dont need ne monitor
else everything is needed like HDD GPu RAM CPu et etc
help me out

OP
A

AmbarD

U see i dont kno the prices
tats why im asking u guys
i guess the conroe system shud be like 5K more expensive than the AMD one

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
The Rig I recommend will be shooted by each one over here. But at the end of the day you will realize that you will get the maximum performance in the current crop of games and hopefully do better even in the future.

AMD 64 3500 Venice S939 : should be around 5k, or maybe 5.5k
A dual core is not in your budget, for that you will need to cut down on the graphic card, which is not going to help.
You can overclock the VEnice around 2.4-2.8GHz and then it is more or less good enough for most games out there. Even at stock, it won't be that bad, but overclocking will help. Get a cooler master or antec or better cooling, around 1-2k if you want to get the maximum out of your system. Else stick to stock cooling and you will hopefully manage 2.4-2.5GHz or more.

Asus A8N E, should be around 5.5k
VFM, will help you with overclocking, stable

2 X 1GB DDR 400 Transcend(UCCC chips-really overclockable), around 9-10k
I know DDR is dying, but in the next upgrade you can do the entire thing, at the moment, this will do. Are you upgrading before 1.5-2yrs BTW?

Geforce 7900GT, must be 17k+, or maybe around 18-20k

Seagate SATA II NCQ 250GB, 3800rs

Sony DVD RW
one combo as well, choose the brand, not sure
Sony FDD
total: around 4k or so

Cooler Master 450 watts PSU + a local cabinet, all this makes around 4000+

total so far is, >50k, <55k

If you want you can add:
Creative sound card, will tell you if you want, around 1.5-2k or so
Altec Lansing 251 (5.1) speakers, around 4k
Microtek 800va: around 2k

If you want dual core, add around 3k to get X2 3800, I don't know how much you need to add for X2 3800 AM2 motherboard because I don't know the price of oc mobos for it. The problem is that for about this price you do get the CPU+MB for Intel C2D, but you need to spend more for RAM(maybe not actually!), and you don't know if the motherboard is overclockable or not.

If you can stretch your budget to 55-60k, then you can get 2 X 1GB DDR 2 Transcend/Corsair Value Select(preferable)(using d9 chips). former should be around 10k
Intel C2D E6300, around 10k, someody is selling almost new for sub 10k
a mobo which overclocks to atleast 2.1-2.2, not the asrock, though it might oc, but doesn't have dual channel and sata II, forget that, if oyu find that kind of oc mobo which is stable after oc as well, you can consider that. and upgrade mobo and all later. that is the best.

but don't compromise on the 7900GT, let that be a constant

OP
A

AmbarD

im not going to upgrade before 1.5 to 2 years
ill upgradde after 3.5-4 yrs

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
You will get good performance in current games with this rig but when DX10 games are released, it will sorely be lacking especially because DX10 games will takes advantage of dual core proccies.
I agree with akshayt that games are GPU limited rather than CPU limited and the 7900GT will kick ass.
But with dual core proccies going for so less you can't take a 3500+ over a X2 3800+.
I suggest you take whatever akshayt mentioned except for
1. 3500+. Take X2 3800+ instead.
2. Combo drive. Why do you need this?
3. FDD. Who ever uses it?
4. Coolermaster or Antec aftermarket cooling. The X2 will run cool after OCing even with stock cooling.
These changes will save you enough money to buy both the X2 and the 7900GT.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Conroe is the best. But it's a lot more expensive than Athlon X2. You can't buy a Conroe based rig without compromising on other components.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Conroe:E6600 E6700 X6800
These CPUs start at 17000+ alone, and the motherboard which makes these CPUs worth buying start around 14000 or so. If you have around 35k just on the CPU and motherboard, then these CPUs are very good.

But the striped down versions of Conroe, Allendale is very good as and consists of E6300 and E6400. They overclock very well and can be made the world's fastest CPUs after overclocker, ie, faster than those which are at stock.

I would say buy the rig as Udit suggested but get the E6300 and 7900GT instead. Or get X2 3800 with a good overclockable motherboard and overclock your way through.

But keep in mind nothing lasts more than 2yrs under oridnary conditions.

Kniwor

Learner
The second rig will be much better than th first one, E6300 is no doubt better than X2 3800+ but there is a lot of diff in card, and i would also suggest a dual core not, new games dovwloped will be multithreaded, and it will be hard for a singlw core procy to keep up, X2 3800+ is a good choice, people are going mad about conroe, but are not looking at the whole picture, intel has played a really tricky card here, the processor prices are low, but look at all the chipsets supporting conroe, intel is selling them at high prices, motherboards are costly, so at the end, u land up the same place, the picture is soon going to change though when nVidia releases it's chipsets fore conroe.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. if u can afford the first config , then u can easily replace the X2 3800+ with X2 4200+ .. that makes me opt for the X2 4200+ , A8N-E , 2GB DDR400 with the 7600GT (maybe even a XXX edition) ...

TeChRocK

Broken In
hey ambard get conroe its da best performance as per sources , dont even think abt amd it as much more 2 do in future.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I would get E6300 with a good overclocking mobo even over X2 5000.

but for you udit'ssuggested rig with my changes is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom