Which company makes good cases ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puja399

In the zone
I don't know about reasonable pricing, but I bought Antec super LanBoy cabinet, it has got anodized aluminium body, very light and excellent heat conductor; slidable HDD bays for upto 4 internal HDDs, u don't need to use screws for HDDs; a pair of 120mm Fans (the front one has blue LED, real cool look), no overheating for mobo and HDDs; transparent side panel, screws holder tray, slidable Add-on cards holder, carrying strap.

It costs Rs.5200/- (excluding the SMPS), but I am real happy.

theraven

Technomancer
EEK
ibox are the worst build quality out there
mercury cases are better !!!
just check a case u like ..
it should look cheap

cabinets are pretty simple
if it looks cheap it probably is built cheap
besides there are one out there u wont know names of
if u want gr8 ones then yeah ... antec
and even asus released there alien case
but these are wayy too expensive .. int he order of 5k+ sometimes without PSU too
just gotta think if its worth it

digen

Youngling
I myself own the Antec 3000AMB which I bought couple of months back.The build quality is very good but I believe it is a bit over-priced as most of such products in India are anyways.

You might want checking the server cabinet from Kunhar,the ZB01.Unfortunately the url for that specific model isnt opening up.But you may have a look at their other range here.

*www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/index.html

For me it was a choice between the antec which I have & the kunhar ZB01.I choose the Antec with a 350W SMPS as per my budget was then.

P.S:Kunhar Peripherals are the same people who deal with Power Safe SMPS's in India.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Antec cases are the best but highly over priced but again quality comes at a price ... u can go for their sonata case if u r on a shoe string budget ..and the case digen is suggesting i.e VIP ZB01 is also a very good case. Ibox is the cheapest brand which just looks good , their build quality is pathetic .. u can buy any case which u feel is decent but do buy a good psu such as an antec or powersafe etc.

theraven

Technomancer
ANTEC is NOT the best
it is completely overhyped since its the only good quality case available in india
that and coolermaster !

and no .. cheap case doesnt mean cheap quality
i got my case for 500-700 bucks ( 2400 with 400w powesafe PSU so i dunno the exact price of the cabinet )
and ull be seeing it soon enough :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i second that. its just overhyped! well, you can get the codegen cases marketed by perx (don't buy perx, but buy codegen cases!)

Kniwor

Learner
I ball (not Ibox) also makes cases and i have one, it's nice, you dont want to stand on ur case do u???

Another thing, conductivity of the case is only a myth and does not matter at all, ur case is not gonna get hot when ur cpu temperature rises, It's the airflow that matters.

A case Hardly matters, so get a cheap one out there, and spend the money u saved on ur PSU and GET A GOOD PSU

theraven

Technomancer
WHAT ?
case hardly matters ?
:shock:
its one of the things that is important and completely neglected
a good case or a bad one will make a lot of difference to the life of ur components
as for aur flow which uve mentioned .. It COMPLETELY depends on the design of ur case !
the spacing between the drive bays and where the mobo is mounted
also the placement of the PSU
all are factors to consider for easy assembly as well as good air flow

Kniwor

Learner
theraven said:
WHAT ?
case hardly matters ?
:shock:
its one of the things that is important and completely neglected
a good case or a bad one will make a lot of difference to the life of ur components
as for aur flow which uve mentioned .. It COMPLETELY depends on the design of ur case !
the spacing between the drive bays and where the mobo is mounted
also the placement of the PSU
all are factors to consider for easy assembly as well as good air flow

Of course all these things matter, what i was talking about was the sturdyness, ot for that matter what ppl say, the quality of build and all that, the design of course matters, and if it aint making noise and got a good design, it's good....

theraven

Technomancer
ah yes ...
but then again no one would want a cabinet which is weakly built
now a sturdy case will make it heavier but that doestn mean its the best
and a light case doesnt mean its bad

cases can be made ofa luminium alloy as is antec lanboy series which make it ideal for carrying ard for LAN parties
a sturdier case u will nto be able to carry ard
but there are a lot of unbranded cases which are light and ofcourse NOT made of aluminium alloy
those are the ones u should steer clear off

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@kniwor
do u think build quality doesnt matter ? all those cheap cases have so many sharp edges which leave ur hand prone to cuts and bruises everytime u open ur case . and talking about ibox well it sux big time , i am using an ibox and its like the drive bay covers on the front keep getting pushed inside .. lol and the panel of it is flimsy and the inside is sharp.. and i dint get it cheap , i got ibox i531 for around 1400/- .. plz dont suggest ibox to anybody not even to ur enemy.

Kniwor

Learner
mohit said:
@kniwor
do u think build quality doesnt matter ? all those cheap cases have so many sharp edges which leave ur hand prone to cuts and bruises everytime u open ur case . and talking about ibox well it sux big time , i am using an ibox and its like the drive bay covers on the front keep getting pushed inside .. lol and the panel of it is flimsy and the inside is sharp.. and i dint get it cheap , i got ibox i531 for around 1400/- .. plz dont suggest ibox to anybody not even to ur enemy.

I dont know why do u want to spend thousands for cases, i use "iball" NOT iBOX and see my previous post, i meant to say that it is not all that important, like a motherboard or cpu, or for that matter PSU, If i got extra money, I'll purchase a better ram than looking for a costlier case, Or i'll get a better PSU....That's me....and that's what i suggest...not spending money on fancy cases....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@kniwor
for your information the cases that iball makes are known as iboxes. get your facts right. and i am not advicing anybody to spend thousands on cases but just to stay away from ibox. there are many other cheap n better brands such as umax , mercury , frontech , vip etc. ibox is crap !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom