Which CD writer to buy SONY or ASUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

balagopalks

Broken In
Hi !

I already have a DVD ROM[Sony].Now I am planning to buy a CD writer,but I am confused which one to buy; Sony or Asus? Please advise..

regards
Gopal

harshagarwal

Journeyman
seriously speaking go for SONY and dont even think of ASUS.

coz i have heard that ASUS has higher problems reported than SONY.

Also if u have any problem with SONY u can directly go to their nearest service centre but ASUS doesnt have such facility i.e if problem occurs u have to go to the dealer,then he will contact service centre ans so on.

masterasmit

Broken In
LITE-ON

it will be better if u go after LITE-ON rewriter.this is better than sony and asus.
i have a great list of friends complaining abt both sony and asus.
some of my friends have tray problem in sony and computer halts number of times in case of asus.
asus is better than sony
check out for the availability of service centres.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Dont even think of Sony.It has a very weak lens.Asus is good performancewise but if it starts giving problem then it wont stop.Lite on is the best choice.Only con it has is it has only 1.5 mb buffer memory.But still its the current performance champion.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Asus performs better and I have not seen or heard my fnrds have problems with it. Sony had given some probs to some of them. I prefer Asus.

Charley

Just Do It
This should be of great help.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5149&highlight=cdwriter+buy

Netjunkie

In the zone
My friend has been using ASUS cd writer for more that a year now. He has not faced even a single problem till now.

I suggest ASUS.

Charley

Just Do It
Netjunkie said:
My friend has been using ASUS cd writer for more that a year now. He has not faced even a single problem till now.

I suggest ASUS.

not all have the same impression as u.

go for the brand that is in demand and has a reliable service.

hack expert

In the zone
well after such a discussion it is obviously sony

well i personally have used sony it`s got excellent performance and service

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Sony is the worst in perfomance. My Sony DVD ROM is slower than a turtle. My friends have the same pboblem.
Asus drives are prone to problems but blazing perfomance.
I recomant go for LiteOn or Benq(2 YR warranty).
My Benq CDRW is a good performer as well as good quality.

Charley

Just Do It
aravind_n20 said:
Sony is the worst in perfomance.

I recomant go for LiteOn or Benq(2 YR warranty).

I've been using this since many months and no probs, performance wise it is really good.

Fair enough u cud for Liteon also which I'd say is the best in the mkt tday.

AlienTech

In the zone
Do a search on this. Asus should be BENQ, Sony is the same as the liteon but more reliable. Liteon will usually be the fstest drive but the worst in writting DVD's compared to any but the old samsung. Pioneer, NEC, BENQ, LG would be the choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom