WHICH CD-WRITER BEST 2 PURCHASE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Which is Currently the BEST CD-writer in Indian Market?
& what should be the price for that?

P.S : .......I'm getting Benq/ASUS/Gigabyte/Liteon/LG/Samsung/sony for abt Rs. 1200-1300 range........& so "IF" price of the item is OK by that,......WHICH BRAND & Model should I pick?

Please HELP at the Earliest......getting the CD-writer by today or tomorrow!!!
& pls dont refer/advise for Combo & DVD-RW Drives .....(I basically want the CD-writer for my Old system,where DVD neither plays,nor burns proper)

So,m88's HELP me ASAP!

rajas700

Youngling
Go with 52x LG Black CD Writer (1 year warranty)
Price : Rs. 1250/-.It is the best one. I use it for 2 year's without any trouble in buring ..

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
For a complete peace of mind.. i suggest u to go for a SONY or LITEON (well sony is my personal choice) i hv a Samsung cd rom and cd Writer and aSony dvd rom so in comparison SOny is best among all.

And from the forums u would hv already heard abt the Unreliability and problems of The God of all errors and problems, SAMSUNG :evil: so do not go for tat brand.

cheers n e-peace....

babumuchhala

In the zone
I did suggest LiteON, bcos the last time time I had heard Sony's CD & DVD RWs were just REBADGED LiteONs

LiteONs good bang for the buck :D

phatratt

In the zone
Stay away from Samsung and LG else u will have good friends with service center.I would suggest lite-on or sony both are really good performers.

Sony has some really nice option like speed selection or something where u can switch between 40x(default)to 52x but they have removed the headphone socket!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
babumuchhala said:
I did suggest LiteON, bcos the last time time I had heard Sony's CD & DVD RWs were just REBADGED LiteONs

LiteONs good bang for the buck :D

Sony is suggested by most of the people in the forums. I currently have Sony DVD writer and it works fine. But reg. rebadging, it is heard that they are Benqs.

I also own a LG CD Writer for the last 5 years (bought for Rs.4100/-) and it never gave any problem and not even a disc was badly written.

But i think nowadays people prefer Sony, Benq, Liteon Etc. and never Samsung.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
yaar go for sony or liteon... anyqwayz i think u shud go for a dvd writer now instead of cd writer... cd writers ar old now and blank dvd dont cost a bomb now... just my personal opinion

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
anything other than samsung , its worst in optical drives , i have wasted my money in samsung writer , its rubbish , u will end up with buffer underrun erors.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
LG has performed well for me for well over 2 yrs now. And I also advise you to go against samsung. I've got a bad experience with it. Lite-on and sony are also good but I've never used them so can't say much about the performance thoug hreviews from others are good.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
As shwetanshu suggested, if you can spend a little more, why not buy a DVD writer since it will read and write all current media, the media cost is very low now, and after all it will more future proof.

V.Prem Kumar

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
THANKS for Replying!
Anyway,Not purchased Yet!

What abt "BENQ" CD-Writer?
(Quality-Performance & Service)
Can I go for that?

As bcoz,I already own 2 Benq DVD-Writers
1) Benq 1620 Pro
2) Benq 1640
...& it seems satisfactory 2 me with these DVD-writers....& hence asking for Benq Cd-writers*
*Have no personal exp/knowledge of them!

*** /// BTW,ppls,please READ the POST "THOROUGHLY" B4 Posting anything,as I have VERY CLEARLY said in my first post......
"......& pls dont refer/advise for Combo & DVD-RW Drives .....(I basically want the CD-writer for my Old system,where DVD neither plays,nor burns proper)

Hope SOMEBODy Gets this POINT the nxt time round!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom